Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is needed to provide commercial support on projects in the Built Environment for a regional main contractor based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.The successful candidate will support the Senior QS on projects in the South East region, valuing between £1m - £10m.
The hiring company are specialists in the design and construction of projects within the built environment with public and private sector clients. They typically perform projects valued between £1m - £10m but occasionally do have larger projects within their portfolio of work. Based in Hitchin, projects cover much of the South East region, particularly the Northern home counties and North London.
Responsibilities and Duties
The purpose of this role is to support the Senior QS with day to day commercial and contractual duties. You will initially play a supporting role within the business, while you learn the companies systems and procedures and get a greater understanding of the QS role. Within time, your role will expand to include management of smaller projects or individually managing larger packages of works on larger projects. You will be given support and where necessary funding for University Course (if applicable).
Typical Duties will include:
- Taking Measurements
- Assisting with sub-contractor procurement
- Sub-contractor management
- Stand in for Senior QS during meeting where required
- Assist in gathering data and the writing of progress reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Some experience as an Assistant QS is essential
- Previous experience of working for a main contractor or reputable sub-contractor is desired
- Previous experience of working on projects in the built environment is desired
- A strong understanding of the Quantity Surveying role and day-today duties is essential
- Candidates should possess a high level of confidence
- Ability to perform tasks and record data accurately - Highly organised
- Candidates should hold or be working towards a degree (or similar equivalent qualification)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company has been established for over 40 years and has offices in Hertfordshire and the Midlands. They operate as a main contractor and are specialists in the design and construction of building projects in the public and private sector. They have an excellent track record of hiring aspiring Assistant Quantity Surveyors and helping with training and support to progress their career through to Project QS and beyond. A fantastic career move for any promising Assistant Quantity Surveyors who feel they are not getting the opportunities they deserve with their current employer.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£18k - £30k (DOE) + Benefits + University fees paid (If applicable)