Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8174 Job Posted 17/01/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester Salary £26k - £30k + car allowance + benefits Salary Band £30,000 to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in the built environment of construction. Sectors include public and private sector projects and you will not be limited to one sector should you show the willingness to gain a variety of experience. This is a great opportunity to spread your experience at this early stage in your career, and gain exposure to a variety of different projects and the full project life cycle.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Assist in carrying out estimating and cost planning activities with fellow Quantity Surveyors
- Assisting the procurement process, all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation and ensure that all of the above are performed effectively
- Assist in post-contract cost variances and change control processes
- Helping to ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Attending client meetings throughout all project stages with the Senior Quantity Surveyors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the built environment as a Junior / Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Experience working for a Consultancy or Main Contracting organisation, should you show the desire to work for a consultancy organisation and learn
- JCT or NEC contract experience
- Pre or Post contract experience are both desirable (you will gain experience of both if you haven’t already)
- Degree in a construction discipline is preferred, ideally Quantity Surveying
- Desire to complete APC and become a Full Member of the RICS. The company provides a fantastic programme of support for the APC.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a fantastic construction consultancy that offers all staff the chance to work across various sectors to expand their knowledge base throughout their career. They are a multi-sector and multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with offices throughout the UK. They have a fantastic support programme for the APC and offer the chance for staff to progress into management or project leadership roles at an early stage should you prove your skills, ability and drive.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car or car allowance, pension contribution, and other benefits on top of a very competitive basic salary.
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Hong Kong, Kowloon - HK$60,000 - HK$68,000
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Towcester, Northamptonshire - To £30k + Bens
- Quantity Surveyor Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire - £50k - £55k + Car + Excellent benefits package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Hertfordshire - £45k - £57.5k + Car + Benefits
- Project Commercial Manager Kurdistan - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend