Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8239 Job Posted 05/10/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicestershire Salary £20k - £30k (DOE) + Pension Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
One of the largest main contractors in the UK, requires an Assistant level Quantity Surveyor to work within the Telecoms Division which is based out of their Leicestershire Office. The office is based just South of Leicester and is in a great location to commute from the M1, M69, M6 and the A5. The hiring company are looking for a junior level Quantity Surveyor who wants a long term future within the Telecoms Division of the business. In return they can offer excellent training and support to becoming a fully qualified Quantity Surveyor. For this reason, the position could suit candidates currently studying for a Degree, recent graduates, candidates from a financial background, candidates from a Law background, or current Assistant level Quantity Surveyors.
You will work for Telecommunications division of one of the largest Main Contractors in the UK. Within this division, you will work on assisting the Quantity Surveyors on projects for blue chip clients in the telecommunications sector. They are capable of carrying out all aspects if the infrastructure build for the mobile and fixed line telecommunications industry. Their clients requirements range from a single element of network development through to a fully managed network service, for which they provide a full turnkey service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Measurement and valuation of works for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts as directed by line manager.
- Commercial and Contractual ownership of certain acquisition contracts.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards and preparing and agreeing accounts using relevant rates.
- Assisting QS to ensure that payments to sub-contractors are paid on time and in accordance with the subcontract agreement
- Completing regular and timely payment certificates and presenting to line manager for signature.
- Assisting with preparation of external valuations.
- Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation.
- Assisting in preparation of financial reports directed by line manager.
- Preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards and preparing accounts using relevant rates.
- Assisting in preparation of pre-cost estimates, analysis of Head Office cost prints and divergences between pre-cost estimates and Head Office cost prints.
- Preparing detailed schedules of periodic costs from site based information. Comparing these with Head Office cost prints and resolving anomalies with Cost Department.
- Reviewing sub-contract liabilities.
- General filing and storing of correspondence and records.
- Ability to set up necessary systems and to efficiently file and retrieve information and to allow others to do likewise.
- Full understanding and execution of archiving procedures.
- Keep up to date records of training and development through appraisals and the application of the Training and Development Plan.
- Record experience on a regular basis and complete all sections of relevant training plan within given time guidelines
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have excellent numeracy skills
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal English skills
- Candidates will ideally be qualified (or working towards) or have some relevant experience in Quantity Surveying / Finance or Law
- Candidates should have a keen eye for details and be able to record date accurately
- Some prior knowledge of the telecoms sector would be advantageous but is not essential
Completion of a formal qualification (or working towards) in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying / Finance or Law is desired.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the largest construction groups in the UK. They are a FTSE 250 listed company working to leading standards and procedures with exciting, blue chip clients. They are at the forefront of the UK Construction industry, capable of carrying out work across all sectors of the industry. As with any market leading company, staff development and training is high on their list of priorities and suitable candidates will be given every chance to progress through the various levels of Quantity Surveying with the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£20k - £30k (DOE)
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Leicester - £26k - £30k + car allowance + benefits
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor South West London - £30k - £37k + Car + Benefits
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £25k - £35k + Car + Bens
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Carlisle, Cumbria - to GBP32,000
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Towcester, Northamptonshire - To £30k + Bens
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend