Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8241 Job Posted 12/10/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Nuneaton, Warwickshire Salary £23k - £30k (DOE) Salary Band Up to £29,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An assistant level Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a Nuneaton, Warwickshire based sub contractor specialising in civil engineering. The successful candidate will work for an established local sub contractor in a role which will see them supporting the commercial team on projects in the civil engineering sector of construction. The position would likely suit a recent graduate with some experience for a main / sub contractor in the civil engineering sector. Although candidates with experience in other sectors will be considered.
Typical projects will be based within an hour and a half from their Nuneaton office. The hiring company have worked with some of the largest contractors in the Country, and on occasion they have been involved on projects valued in excess of £100m. Typical projects will include:
- Public & Private realm
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will support the rest of the commercial team in their day to day commercial duties with a view to being adequately trained to eventually handle your own contracts in due course.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should ideally have some experience in a Quantity Surveying / Commercial Assistant role, even if this is only during a placement year whilst studying
- Previous experience of working on projects in the civil engineering sector is advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
- High level of numeracy
Candidates will ideally be relevantly qualified to HND level or higher in Quantity Surveying or hold a similar relevant qualification.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established sub contractor based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. They often work with leading national main contractors on large scale projects. On occasion, such projects can be in excess of £100m. hey work on projects locally to their Nuneaton office, therefore journeys should always be convenient for locally based candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£23k - £30k (DOE)
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Leicester - £26k - £30k + car allowance + benefits
- Assistant Estimator South West London - £22k - £35k + Benefits
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor South West London - £30k - £37k + Car + Benefits
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £25k - £35k + Car + Bens
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Carlisle, Cumbria - To GBP35,000
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend