Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX6997 Job Posted 03/10/2018 Region South East England Location Reading, Berkshire Salary Salary: Circa £35k + package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a major construction consultancy in their Reading office. Your focus will be on projects in the utilities sector, on a major programme involving waste and clean water refurbishments, pipelines, and heavy civil engineering works as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
You will be working on a major programme in the water / utilities sector as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. Projects will include clean and waste water refurbishment projects, heavy civil engineering, pipelines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Assist in managing the contractors on site as Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery of pre and post contract services as Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Production of accurate cost estimates
- Providing interim payment applications
- Cost reporting for clients
- Working closely with the project managers on site
- Assisting in defending contractor claims
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working for a Main Contractor is preferred
- Experience working on site
- Quantity Surveying background in either the utilities, civil engineering, infrastructure or Oil & Gas sectors are beneficial
- NEC contract experience is preferred but not essential should you show the ability to learn quickly
Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a global consultancy in construction, operating in unlimited project sectors across the UK. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivaled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive basic salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend