Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to work on projects as part of an £800m, 10 years contract relating to new build projects on MoD bases in the Wiltshire region. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor starting out in their career to join a tier 1 main contractor on exciting new build MoD projects.
The contract is worth £800m over 10 years and involves a large number of new build and refurbishment projects inside MoD sites largely within a 10 mile radius of Salisbury.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be expected to provide day-to-day commercial assistance to the Senior Quantity Surveyors on one or more projects with a view to being given smaller projects to handle independently in time.
Typical duties you will be involved in assisting with will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts • Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will ideally have some post qualification experience in a Quantity Surveying role. However fresh graduates may be considered.
- Previous experience of working for a contractor, rather than a Consultancy is preferred.
- Experience of working as a QS on projects in the built environment such as schools, residential developments, commercial / leisure facilities etc would be advantageous.
- High level of confidence and enthusiasm to learn
- Ability to follow strict processes timely and accurately
- Candidates will be qualified to Degree level or hold a similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's largest main contractors. They have offices throughout the UK and a strong International presence also. They are working in JV on this contact which offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work on exciting new build projects in close proximity to each other as well as an unprecedented longevity of future work in the region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£22k - £30k + Benefits