Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8189 Job Posted 15/01/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Solihull, Birmingham Salary £18k - £25k (DOE) + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A leading national Housing Developer is seeking a bright and ambitious Assistant level Quantity Surveyor to join their Birmingham office in Solihull. The successful candidate could be a fresh graduate, undergraduate or someone with post graduate experience as a Quantity Surveyor. You will need to demonstrate a good understanding of the Quantity Surveying role and a passion to develop your career as a Quantity Surveyor with the business. Candidates looking for work 4 days a week whilst studying a Degree in Quantity Surveying will be considered and the hiring company would consider paying the successful candidates fees based on them signing up to a learning agreement.
The hiring company are one of the UK's leading housing developers. Their projects will include large value individual properties through to large developments, sometimes up to 100 houses. The Solihull office will typically work on developments within 1 hour from their offices.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Assistant level Quantity Surveyor in the business, you will work closely with Senior Quantity Surveyors to provide commercial assistance on one or more developments. You will be given support and guidance relating to the day to day duties that a Quantity Surveyor will perform.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Confident & proactive personality
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Excellent level of numeracy with a keen eye for detail and the ability to accurately record data
- Previous experience of working in the housing sector would be advantageous but is not essential
Candidates should hold a Degree (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or be working towards such a qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national housing developer with offices up and down the United Kingdom. They have been operating for over 30 years and can deliver new build houses, apartments and renovations.
They pride themselves and their ability to train and develop emerging talent and have systems and processes in place to ensure that you are given the correct training and support to succeed as a Quantity Surveyor. They are also willing to support undergraduates financially with their studies.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Package negotiable for the right candidate.
Possibility of University tuition fees to be paid.
- Operations Manager Kowloon, Hong Kong - Negotiable
- Assistant Quantity Surveying Manager Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong - to HK$75,000
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Hong Kong, Kowloon - HK$60,000 - HK$68,000
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Towcester, Northamptonshire - To £30k + Bens
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Hertfordshire - £45k - £57.5k + Car + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend