Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8168 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location South West London Salary £30k - £37k + Car + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 01/11/2019
An exciting opportunity exists for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a leading London based Refurbishment Contractor, boasting a prestigious list of clients. The successful candidate will join a highly respected contractor who specialise in completing large scale and complex refurbishment projects in the London area. Their projects typically range from £2m - £10m, including work on some of London's most famous addresses.
Projects will typically be large scale and complex refurbishment projects based in Central London. Typical value of recent projects has been between £2m - £10m and they boast as prestigious client list which includes the Crown Estate. Their projects span across a number of sectors including Education, Commercial and Heritage projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor for the business, you will be responsible for assisting one or more Project Quantity Surveyor's on post contract duties relating to their respective projects. The aim of this role would be to assist in a number of projects before being given the responsibility of managing your own projects in the medium term.
Typical Duties will include:
- Sub contractor management
- Managing payments
- Financial reporting
- Attending site meetings
- Assisting with the production of various reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will need to have some post qualification experience as a Quantity Surveyor . If you studied part-time whilst in employment, this would also be acceptable
- Previous experience for a main contractor or sub contractor operation in the refurbishment and / or fit-out sector is advantageous. Similar sector experience may be considered.
- Previous experience carrying out post contract duties as an Assistant QS
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career
- Candidates coming from a sub contractor background relating to Structural work, fit-out / interiors / dry-lining or M&E would be of particular interest.
A Degree or similar equivalent qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist Refurbishment Contractor based in Central London. They work on high value, complex refurbishment projects in the London area and boast a prestigious list of clients. Therefore, they can offer candidates the opportunity to work on luxury, high end projects in popular London locations.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary will be dependent on experience, however a suitable range would be £30k - £37k.
+ Car or Car Allowance
- Project Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £38k - £53k + Car + Benefits
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £25k - £35k + Car + Bens
- Quantity Surveyor North West London - to cGBP45,000
- Senior Manager - Quantity Surveying Hong Kong Island - to HK$65,000
- Quantity Surveyor Lincoln, Lincolnshire - GBP32,000-37,000
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend