Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8110 Job Posted 13/07/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Towcester, Northamptonshire Salary £25k - £30k + Benefits Salary Band £30,000 to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a market leading, district heating contractor. The successful candidate will work from their office in Northampton. In this industry, you will work on projects which include elements of civils and mechanical & electric (M&E) work.
Specialising in the district heating sector, the hiring company are a market leader and offer a design, install and commissioning service to its clients. Projects will span the length and breadth of the UK and largely involve the installation of large distances of pre-insulated piping networks.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will work closely with the Commercial Manager and other senior managers of the business to provide support on day to day commercial issues. Given the size of the business, you're likely to be involved in a wide range of duties that span from the design stage through to installation and final accounting.
- Sub contractor management
- Managing payments
- Financial reporting
- Attending site meetings
- Liaising with the client
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will ideally have qualified as a Quantity Surveyor and have some experience working as a QS in industry.
- Candidates will have ideally worked previously in the civils or M&E sectors, although all suitably experienced candidates wanting to work in this sector will be considered
- Candidates must have a good grasp of basic Quantity Surveying duties such a measuring, producing take offs, valuations, producing cost reports. You do not necessarily need to be able to do all of these tasks independently, however you should have experience of at least assisting on them previously
- Candidates must be confident, articulate and have strong client facing skills
- Candidates should be educated to Degree standard or hold a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leader in its niche specialism of district heating. They turnover between £6m - £7m and are a well respected contractor offering a design, installation and commissioning service to clients in the UK. They are a well ran business with 2 highly experienced Directors and an excellent Commercial Manager willing to work closely with the successful candidate to develop their skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior level Quantity Surveyor who would like to work for with respected professionals who can help to develop their career, whilst working for a growing business where they can make a real difference to the success of the company.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £25k - £30k
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend