Assistant Quantity SurveyorRef MAX9071 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong Salary HK$18-HK$30K Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 14/01/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
Construction consultant jobs are available with Maxim as our client is seeking a high calibre Assistant Quantity Surveyor with a passion for their career to assist the commercial team in a busy engineering consultancy in Tsuen Wan.
You will be based in our Tsuen Wan office and service our multiple projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for assisting Project Quantity Surveyor to provide quantity surveying services in all financial and contractual matters of the projects assigned.
- Assist in providing cost estimates and plans for various new opportunities in line with outline specifications
- Assist with bills of quantities and activity schedules for payment purposes
- Source and provide accurate pricing information for materials, labour, plant and equipment.
- Assist with obtaining quotations and reviewing, analysing and recommending subcontractors and vendors
- Handle claims issues relating to extension of time and the critical path relating to the project construction schedule
- Produce cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the Commercial Manager; cost and value comparisons, turnover forecasts; ensuring information is complete and accurate
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1 to 3 years relevant working experience in contract audit is preferable
- Good knowledge of measurement, contractual skills and problem-solving skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Exceptional relationship building skills, self-motivated, problem solver and proactive commercial and financial awareness and solid understanding of the construction and measurement processes
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral & written negotiation skills and ability to apply those skills internally, externally and with our supply chain
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office
- Have an eye for quality and attention to detail both from a design and cost perspective
- Must be able to work in a busy office and show good time management skills
- Must be prepared to work to tight deadlines
- Degree / Diploma / Certificate in Quantity Surveying / Surveying
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Hong Kong Quantity Surveyor jobs remain ubiquitous in 2021 as a very well established and highly respected engineering design consultancy providing design support and delivery verification to major Hong Kong based clients is seeking to apppoint at the very earliest opportunity, an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary package is available to the successful candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend