Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor with shown experience for a Main Contractor or Consultancy is required to join a global construction consultancy in a West London office. You will be working on projects in the water / utility sector involving heavy civil engineering, pipelines, and processing plants. This is a great opportunity for a Junior / Assistant Quantity Surveyor in the West London or surrounding area to showcase their skills with an international and highly reputable consultancy.
You will be working on projects in the water / utility sector as Assistant Quantity Surveyor, more specifically involving heavy civil engineering, pipelines, and processing plants.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for the following duties as Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams and senior members of the business
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery of pre and post contract services as Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Validation of cost structures
- Production of accurate cost estimates
- Providing interim payment applications
- Giving procurement advice
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments, defending contractor claims where necessary
- Cost reporting for clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in the water / utilities, civil engineering, power, or general infrastructure sectors is preferred but other construction sector experience will be considered also
- Strong interpersonal skills are desired for the successful candidate
- Experience as a Junior / Assistant Quantity Surveyor for a Consultancy or a Main Contractor
- Degree qualified or equivalent is strongly desired, preferably in construction related discipline.
- On route to achieving MRICS status is desired, or at least willing to undertake.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international consultancy in construction operating a globally competitive turnover alongside some of the largest construction companies internationally. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive benefits package including health, pension, and bonus scheme.