Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to work on the £215m Bond Street station project for a tier 1 Main Contractor in Central London. You will have NEC option C experience, and preferable some rail / station upgrade/construction experience for a Main or Subcontractor. This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious Quantity Surveyor to work on one of the most exciting and complex infrastructure projects for a Tier 1 contractor.
You will be working on the fit – out section of the £215m Bond Street station, which is due for completion in March 2017.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Control of contract costs and preparation of budgets.
- Interim applications for payment, measurement and the valuation of variations and negotiations relating to the final account with clients.
- Commercial administration of subcontracts from enquiry stage through interim payments to negotiations and settlement of final accounts.
- Cost control, management and comparisons against budget and allowances.
- Financial reporting in terms of cost, value cash and time.
- Reporting to the lead Quantity Surveyor on site for the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown experience as a Quantity Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- NEC contract experience is preferred
- Highly IT literate with good to advanced skill levels for MS Excel.
- Be numerate with excellent commercial acumen.
- BSc (Hons) degree in Quantity Surveying is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a top tier contractor at the forefront of the UK’s construction industry, and has a strong profile and reputation in key market sectors. They have recently been awarded a place on the UK’s Most Admired Companies league table for 2014.