Associate Cost ConsultantRef MAX8520 Job Posted 08/06/2018 Region Canada Location Montreal, Canada Salary Neg Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
An Associate is required to deliver cost consulting services comprising revenue management, business development and providing technical expertise.
Working with the management team, the Associate to be recruited will be responsible for providing direction to a team of consultants to ensure a variety of cost consulting services are delivered to clients in an efficient and effective manner.
This includes client delivery, revenue management, business development and providing technical expertise.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide a full range of cost consulting services to new and existing clients. This involves a full technical understanding of construction estimation
• Develop and build long term client relationships which result in repeat business, referrals and service expansion including up-sells & cross-sells across other Business Units
• Prepare drawing lists and read blueprints at an advanced level
• Review and provide guidance of project statistics/functional areas.
• Completion of project descriptions & assumptions.
• Practical understanding of construction methodology.
• Trade/product knowledge.
• Ability to prepare and complete partial trade/elemental take-offs.
• Ability to prepare and complete full trade/elemental take-offs.
• Understanding of pricing structure – residential/ICI/civil.
• Understanding of M & E systems
• Pricing estimates.
• Completion of estimates.
• Preparation/analysis of general condition breakdown.
• Change order analysis – interpretation/take-off/pricing.
• Analysis – comparative/tender.
• Ability to prepare, co-ordinate & deliver estimates (on schedule & within fees).
• Ability to maximize the use of appropriate software and technology and teach others how to do the same such as CAD, Excel, Cost X, BIM, Digitizer and PowerPoint.
• Lead the assessment of client requirements, conduct project reviews and deal with issues efficiently and effectively.
• Lead the implementation of approved business plans and act as Champion for these initiatives within the team.
• Provide leadership, guidance, coaching, mentoring and support to all direct reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Around 10 + years’ leadership experience in a commercial real estate or related field
• LEED accreditation (an asset)
• Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty and ethics
• Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills
• Business development skills – strong business acumen
• Client service orientation
• Proven leadership skills – people and marketplace
• Full and deep understanding of Cost Planning and Project Monitoring services
• Multi-dimensional understanding of the real estate consulting and advisory industry
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
• Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS), Member RICS, or Project Management Professional (PMP) is required
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Canadian employer is one of the leading cost and multidisciplinary consultancies.
They offer continuity of work, career progression and good remuneration packages.
Full company profile details will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
To be discussed with the successful applicant
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend