Associate Delay Analyst Expert WitnessRef MAX8779 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location London Salary £38k - £45k Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 07/01/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
This is an entry role for a Planner or Delay Analyst to work in a specialist expert witness role with a market leading London based expert witness consultancy.
The suitable candidate will not need any previous experience of working in the expert witness sector, as full training will be provided. However you will need several years experience in a planning role and have a good working experience of using common planning softwares such as Primavera P6. You will also need a genuine desire to move into the expert witness sector.
In return you can expect to work for one of the leading consultancies in this specialist sector, work alongside and learn from some of the industries most respected experts. Your role will be to provide support to the lead expert by the gathering and analysing documents relating to the dispute.
This is a particularly exciting role within the business, as you will work directly alongside the businesses lead expert. This means that you will be involved on the highest profile work within the business. The hiring company have an excellent reputation for acting in the expert role on high profile, international disputes that are preparing for arbitration or litigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Associate your primary responsibility will be to provide analytical support to the lead experts within the business. This is an entry level role, which comes with fantastic career progression opportunities. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Liasing with third parties to gather relevant documents and information relating to the dispute
- Use Planning softwares to generate relevant reports when analysing delay related issues within the dispute
- Carrying out expert analysis to a high level of scrutiny on data and documents relating to the dispute
- Forming an expert opinion based on your findings and presenting them internally to the lead expert
- In time, you may be asked to draft / Write sections of the expert report using appropriate structure and language
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have several years experience in a Planning or similar role on large scale projects
- Confident user of common planning softwares such as Primavera P6
- Some experience of dealing with delay related issues on projects would be advantageous
- Should have previous site based experience with a good technical knowledge of projects.
- Excellent written English skills
- Highly analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to form sound and fair opinions, backed up by evidence
- A relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification is essential
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as the CIOB or similar would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading construction consultancy who specialise in providing independent expert services on major international disputes. Whilst working for this employer you will gain invaluable experience by work alongside several leading industry experts.
The hiring company have proven track record of promoting internally, therefore this vacancy comes with a clear, mapped out career path. Therefore offering a fantastic career opportunity for any aspiring experts who are willing to start from an entry level role and put in the time and effort to learn the intricate details of the role and progress within the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£38k - 45k (Depending on experience)
+ Bonus (Likely in the region of 10% - 30%)
- Senior Consultant - CM Expert Witness Central London - £50k - £65k + Benefits
- Associate Director - Delay Analyst Central London - £80k - £110k + benefits DOE
- Associate Director - Delay Expert Witness London - £80k - £110k (DOE)
- Delay Analyst South Yorkshire - Circa £750 - £800 per day
- Director of Expert Witness Services Central London - Neg Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend