Associate - Delay AnalystRef MAX8650 Job Posted 03/06/2019 Region London Location London Salary £50k - £57.5k + Excellent Bonus + Package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A great opportunity exists for a Planner who is looking to specialise in Delay Analysis and Expert Witness services with a London-based Consultancy.
The role is ideal for a Planner who has ideally had some exposure to any Forensic Planning within their current role and would like to specialise more in doing this type of work for an Expert Witness Consultancy.
You will work for a highly reputable employer based near Liverpool St Station in London, and have exposure to major international disputes.
Whilst working in this role, your work will relate to a number of disputes over the course of 12 months. These disputes could span over a wide range of industry sectors and the majority of which will be overseas projects. Whilst projects / disputes will largely be overseas, you will be permanently based in London and travel will be infrequent, if at all (until you a promoted to a more senior level).
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a particularly interesting role in which you will gain unique exposure to delay and quantum related issues as well as having a role in assisting the business’s advisory services. Working as several analysts within the business you’ll get involved across several business units within whilst you learn and develop the skills needed to be promoted into a management role and specialise in Delay related expert witness work.
Typical duties & responsibilities will include:
- Forensically analysing documentation and data from a quantum and delay viewpoint
- Provide support to leading industry experts in international arbitration and litigation cases
- Communicate and liaise with all involved parties involved in the dispute (client, contractor, consultancy etc.) to attain relevant documents and records
- Provide expert opinions on delay and quantum related issues involved in disputes
- Provide assistance and advice to the advisory side of the business, which typically provides high level strategic advice to executive level managers within construction businesses
- Learn how to write expert reports and provide assistance to the Expert in the drafting of sections of expert documents to be used when the dispute goes to trial
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong Planning experience on live projects. Ideally on a range of projects, however most importantly you will have exposure to major projects.
- Some exposure to claims planning. i.e. forensically analysing the programme of works, dealing with compensation events etc.
- Should have a good working knowledge of planning software(s) such as Primavera P6
- Stable career history demonstrating clear and continued career progression
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Strong communicator with a professional manner
- Strong motivation to work in Delay related Expert work
- Any additional language skills will be looked upon favourably, but are not essential
- A relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification
- A relevant Professional membership is strongly advantageous. Ideally this would be fully completed, however candidates within 6 months of gaining Chartered status will be considered.
- Further qualification in Construction Law or similar would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a multi-national Consultancy with offices throughout Europe, Asia and the Middle East. They provide a range of services to the construction industry, including quantum and delay Expert Witness services and an advisory service to construction companies.
The employer seeks passionate and driven professionals from industry, who would like to specialise in Expert Witness work. Starting salaries are reasonable, however for successful candidates who progress within the business and prove capable of managing their own assignments; you can expect your salary to rise rapidly and the ceilings for salaries in this industry are lucrative.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £50k - £57.5k
+ Bonus (In the region of 10% - 30% of annual salary)
+ Private medical care
- Senior Delay Consultant North Manchester - £55k - £75k (DOE) + Pension + Bonus
- Senior Delay Consultant Coventry, Warwickshire - £55k - £75k (DOE) + Pension + Bonus
- Senior Delay Analyst - Expert Witness Central London - £55k-£80k + package inc. Excellent bonus
- Delay Analyst Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £55k - £75k (DOE)
- Delay Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend