Associate Director - Delay AnalystRef MAX8738 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £80k - £110k + benefits DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 30/03/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
An Associate Director for Delay Analysis is required to join a market leading construction claims consultancy in their Central London office.
The successful candidate must be able to manage their own workload and be self-sufficient while working on projects / disputes. Preferably, the candidate will have substantial experience in dispute resolution and/or have undertaken the role of an Expert Witness in the past.
You will work predominantly on building sector projects using your delay analysis / forensic planning skills to provide dispute resolution services. Many of the hiring company’s clients will be major UK contractors so experience of planning on building projects will be advantageous.
Die to the nature of the role, you will gain exposure to a variety of projects / disputes over the course of a 12 month period.
Responsibilities and Duties
This role is a critical role within the business Delay division. You will report directly into the Director of the division and work closely with senior strategic management within the business in providing Delay related claims and Expert Witness services to your clients. Specific duties will include:
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of prospective and retrospective analyses of delays across a wide variety of construction and engineering projects. This will include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programmes and reports.
- Preparing programmes for new construction projects or revision of existing programmes to ensure works are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The preparation of written reports for use in dispute resolution processes, including mediation, adjudication and litigation; prepared as either advocate or assistant to an independent expert.
- Preparation or defence of extension of time claims on behalf of employers, main contractors and sub-contractors.
- Working independently or with client teams to carry out ‘live’ planning assistance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant experience as a construction project planner.
- The ability to use a variety of planning software, including Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject and Microsoft Project.
- A good working knowledge of various standard forms of contract including NEC and JCT.
- A degree of understanding of contract and law within the construction industry, with a particular understanding of matters relating to planning and delay.
- The ability to carry out delay analysis using differing methodologies; both prospectively and retrospectively.
- Excellent team working skills along with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances.
- The ability to work and organise multiple commissions.
- An excellent knowledge of construction techniques.
- Degree qualified in construction management, engineering or other similar equivalent is strongly preferred
- Any further qualifications in Construction Law are beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading construction claims consultancy in the UK. They predominantly work by providing their expertise to clients in regards to major and minor claims, as well as providing advice over the life cycle of a project as consultants. Headed up by Directors with experience of working for some of the most reputable business in the industry, they retain much of their work from previous engagements. They have an excellent reputation in the market place for providing claims and expert services in Quantum and Delay. Working on projects across numerous locations, they provide great project exposure and an opportunity to learn from the best in the business in the construction claims sector.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£80K - £110K
+ Generous Bonus Scheme
+ Other benefits including pension
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend