Associate Director - Delay AnalystRef MAX8986 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £80k-£110k+benefits DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 18/01/2021 Status Live
An Associate level Delay Analysis is required to join a market leading construction claims consultancy in their Central London office.
The successful candidate must be able to manage their own workload and be self-sufficient while working on projects / disputes.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong career in a specialist Delay Analysis role, ideally with a similar claims consultancy where you will have worked on a range of disputes including adjudications, arbitrations, mediations and advisory work.
You will work predominantly on building sector projects using your delay analysis / forensic planning skills to provide dispute resolution services. Many of the hiring company’s clients will be major UK contractors so experience of working on live projects and disputes within the built environment would be advantageous.
Due to the nature of the role, you will gain exposure to a wide variety of projects / disputes over the course of a 12 month period.
Responsibilities and Duties
This role is a strategic vacancy within the businesses Delay division.
You will report directly into the Senior Director of the division and work closely with them to provide Delay related claims and Expert Witness services to their clients. Specific duties will include:
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of prospective and retrospective analyses of delays across a wide variety of construction and engineering projects. This will include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programmes and reports.
- Preparing programmes for new construction projects or revision of existing programmes to ensure works are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The preparation of written reports for use in dispute resolution processes, including mediation, adjudication and litigation; prepared as either advocate or assistant to an independent expert.
- Preparation or defence of extension of time claims on behalf of employers, main contractors and sub-contractors.
- Working independently or with client teams to carry out ‘live’ planning assistance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant experience as a construction project planner.
- The ability to use a variety of planning software, including Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject and Microsoft Project.
- A good working knowledge of various standard forms of contract including NEC and JCT.
- A degree of understanding of contract and law within the construction industry, with a particular understanding of matters relating to planning and delay.
- The ability to carry out delay analysis using differing methodologies; both prospectively and retrospectively.
- Excellent team working skills along with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances.
- The ability to work and organise multiple commissions.
- An excellent knowledge of construction techniques.
- Degree qualified in construction management, engineering or other similar equivalent is strongly preferred
- Any further qualifications in Construction Law are beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading construction claims consultancy in the UK. They predominantly work with main contractors to provide advisory services relating to major and minor claims, as well as providing advice over the life cycle of a project as consultants.
The business is ran by a number of Directors who have experience of working for some of the most reputable contractors and disputes consultancies in the industry. They retain much of their work from previous engagements. They have an excellent reputation in the marketplace for providing claims and expert services on Quantum and Delay related issues. They can provide fantastic exposure to major UK disputes for candidates looking to work on a good variety of interesting claims work.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£80K - £110K
+ Generous Bonus Scheme
+ Other benefits including pension
- Freelance Associate Director Delay TELECOMMUTE - Negotiable Day Rate
- Freelance Associate Director Delay Central London - Negotiable Day Rate
- Associate Director Delay Analysis Central London - Negotiable + Bonus
- Associate Director Delay Analysis Manchester, Gtr Manchester - Negotiable + Bonus
- Construction Delay Analyst Expert London - to £120k + bonus + Incentive
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend