Associate Director Delay AnalystRef MAX9006 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £80k - £120K (DOE) + Annual Bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 28/10/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
The construction disputes division of a global consulting firm is hiring an Associate Director to work in a lead supporting role to the lead testifying expert and carry out delay analysis on global disputes.
You will be based out of their London office and will work closely alongside the Director / Managing Director in providing support with the forensic delay analysis for projects in dispute and heading for arbitration or litigation.
The client is a global consulting firm with a wealth of experts who can bring their expertise to all sectors of the construction and manufacturing industries. Therefore the successful candidate can expect to gain exposure to an exciting variety of disputes on projects in all sectors, including oil & gas, energy, construction, utilities and much more.
The client has a strong pipeline of work in the Middle East region, therefore candidates can expect to gain exposure to international disputes whilst working with this employer.
Responsibilities and Duties
In carrying out work on engagements, the Associate Director will work with, and under the direction of the Managing Director / Director in charge. Often you will work in a mid-management role, taking directions from the Director above, whilst taking day-to-day responsibility for the management of much of the junior team carrying out the analysis on the assignment. Typical duties may include:
- ensuring that all data necessary is both available and reliable for the Managing Director / Director to make decisions;
- be a direct contributor to the achievement of the targets and production of work products including data management, data analysis, research, forensic investigation and report writing etc. associated with the engagement;
- contribute to the definition of deliverables, required work plan and methodology as well as assisting in the organisation and management of other project staff;
- communicate regularly with the Managing Director / Director in charge regarding the progress of the analysis and the difficulties encountered etc.;
- develop and maintain a working relationship with the client and/or instructing law firm;
- show an ability and willingness to learn from others and the ability to mentor and develop junior staff members
- contribute to the recruitment and retention of talent;
- contribute to the economic monitoring of the engagements on which they are involved;
- contribute to the feedback mechanism within the organisation for the development of self and other individuals; and
- assist the Managing Director / Director in business development activities such as developing commercial proposals for potential engagements etc.
On occasions candidates at AD level may be asked to act as an independent lead expert, in which case, duties will include:
- maintain open communication with the law firm partner in-charge and liaise with them as well as counsel as necessary;
- be the client interface and will be responsible for managing the client’s expectations whilst maintaining independence;
- ensure economic monitoring of the engagements entrusted to them i.e. in terms of setting and managing budgets, billing and maintaining profitability;
- define the targeted deliverables, the required work plan and methodology as well as being responsible for organising and managing staff;
- supervise the work of the team and delivery of the engagement and ensure high quality standards of the deliverable; and
- actively develop their internal and external networks.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Past experience of working on engineering, construction, manufacturing, energy or oil and gas projects for a minimum of 7 years, where they were involved in at least one of the following areas;
- Design / engineering;
- Project Management;
- Planning / project controls;
- Quantity surveying / cost control; and
- Contract management / administration.
- Previous experience supporting an expert witness by carrying out forensic delay analysis. Ideally in the “Lead Assistant” role
- Previous experience of initiating and leading business development initiatives
- Has developed a network of relevant industry and legal community contacts
- Previous experience of working on construction or engineering disputes in litigation and/or arbitration
- The ability to manage large parts of the assignment including:
- Setting out of key areas of the dispute to be analysed and delegate work giving clear instructions and deadlines to the team of analysts
- Co-ordinating information and data analysis from the internal and external teams for inclusion in the expert report
- Writing large parts of the expert report
- Be prepared to testify and be cross-examined against the evidence you have provided to the court
- A desire to develop academically, technically and professionally;
- An ability to co-operate with, manage and motivate others.
- Possess strong intellectual curiosity and ability to find solutions;
- Must have great attention to detail;
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and in particular an ability to produce work product and presentations written in English.
- Previous experience of working on projects in the Middle East would be advantageous, but is not essential
- A minimum of an engineering degree from a recognised University or other relevant qualification;
- Full corporate membership of a professional institution. i.e. RICS, ICE, CIOB or CIArb
- Achieved a relevant higher degree in a relevant subjects such as MSc OR LLB or LLM etc
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is global consulting firm with expertise in disputes and investigation, corporate finance and strategy & operations. Their construction disputes division is a growing team of experts providing independent construction disputes services to the construction industry.
The company are looking to hire candidates with strong technical expertise to work in supporting roles to the lead testifying experts. Candidates who can demonstrate strong technical expertise and a talent for business development, will enjoy a structured career development path which could eventually lead to them becoming a Managing Director.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£80k - £120k
+ Private medical insurance
+ Annual performance based bonus
- Associate Director - Delay Analyst Central London - £80k-£110k+benefits DOE
- Associate Director Delay Analysis Central London - Negotiable + Bonus
- Associate Director Delay Analysis Manchester, Gtr Manchester - Negotiable + Bonus
- Senior Delay Analyst Central London - £55k - £75k + Bonus + Benefits
- Construction Delay Analyst Expert London - to £120k + bonus + Incentive
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend