Associate Director - Delay Expert WitnessRef MAX8729 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location London Salary £80k - £110k (DOE) Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 03/07/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
If you’re an experienced Disputes professional with strong exposure to Delay related expert work and would like to work closely with an industry leading expert on high profile, international disputes in the lead assistant role; then this could be a fantastic career move for you.
The Director and leading industry expert of an established, reputable Expert Witness Consultancy requires a Delay orientated, construction disputes professional to work closely with them on some of the businesses largest and most high profile disputes.
The successful candidate will need previous experience working in the lead assistant role to a reputable delay orientated expert and be able to take responsibility for large sections of the analysis and reporting of disputes.
In return, you will work alongside an industry leading expert on exciting, high profile disputes. You will also gain exposure to meeting with solicitors and other relevant legal professionals, hence building your network and reputation within the sector with a view to becoming a lead expert in your own right in due course.
This is a particularly exciting role within the business, as you will work directly alongside the businesses lead expert. This means that you will be involved on the highest profile work within the business. The hiring company have an excellent reputation for securing the expert role on high profile, international disputes that are preparing for arbitration or litigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Associate Director you will report directly into the Director of the business and work closely with him in providing high level analytical and report writing assistance on major disputes. As a senior member of the team, you may also be tasked with providing support and mentoring downstream to more junior staff within the business. Specific duties will include:
- Take full responsibility for the analysis and report writing of section(s) of the dispute (i.e. foundations etc.)
- Gathering of relevant data to support your report
- Carrying out expert analysis to a high level of scrutiny on data and documents relating to the dispute
- Drafting / Writing sections of the expert report using appropriate structure and language
- Forming an expert opinion based on your findings and presenting them internally to the lead expert
- Testifying internally within the business to defend your findings. This may also lead to standing up in court to testify as an Expert of /when required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have prior experience assisting on or independently writing / drafting Expert Reports
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise in dealing with delay related disputes
- Should have previous site based experience with a good technical knowledge of projects.
- Excellent written English skills
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to analyse documentation and specific issues within the dispute to the required level of scrutiny expected by the employer
- Ability to form sound and fair opinions, backed up by evidence
- A relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification is essential
- Further relevant qualifications / professional memberships such as MSc / LLM in Construction Law would be advantageous
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as the CIOB or similar would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading construction consultancy who specialise in providing independent expert services on major international disputes. Whilst working for this employer you will gain invaluable experience by work alongside several leading industry experts on exciting and often high profile disputes.
The hiring company have successful track record of progressing employees who successfully carry out this role into performing the lead expert role. Therefore offering a fantastic career opportunity for any aspiring experts who are struggling to be given their first opportunity as the lead expert.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£80k - £110k (Depending on experience)
- Senior Consultant - Delay London - £60k - £85k (DOE)
- Director of Expert Witness Services Central London - Neg Salary + Bonus + Benefits
- Senior Delay Consultant Munich, Germany - Negotiable Basic Salary + Package
- Associate - Quantum Expert Witness London - £50k - £60k + Excellent Bonus + Package
- Associate - Delay Analyst London - £50k - £57.5k
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend