Associate Director Forensic Planning
An Associate Director Forensic Planning job is available to be based in Birmingham.
A large national construciton dispute consultancy is looking for an Associate Director Forensic Planning candidate with good quality experience in Forensic Planning and Delay Analysis who can write high quality reports and narratives.
The business is hoping to hire an experienced planning and delay candidate that can add valuable experience within their senior management team in Birmingham.
The scope of work for the Associate Director Forensic Planning will include a range of civil and building projects located in the UK and range of projects and assignments based in international locations.
You will gain exposure to a genuine diverse variety of projects requiring delay and forensic planning analysis.
Claims and disputes will often be in relation to high value, high profile and complex projects across all building and engineering sectors in the UK. Within this position, you can expect to work with a variety of clients, from large national contractors, through to smaller subcontractors.
Your reporting will be directly to the Expert Forensic Planning Director, and you will become an integral member of the senior management team within the business based from Birmingham.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Associate Director Forensic Planning you will be responsible for
- Providing assistance to the lead expert forensic planner expert
- Managing client assignments
- Dispute Proceedings management on behalf of the client
- Writing high level expert reports
- Provision of specialist expert delay advice
- Scheduling and programming expert analysis
- Assessing lost productivity through delay analysis and forensic planning
- Managing, assisting and mentoring your team of delay analysts to ensure their productivity and professional development
- Assisting with business development by increasing the clients through networking and maintaining and developing further contacts.
- Able to win work through business development activity
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable Associate Director level forensic planner candidates must have strong technical skills and knowledge and a proven track record of Pre and post contract Planning experience on large scale projects
- ideal candidate should know how Primavera P6 or Asta Powerproject operates and be able to manage delay analysts and delay consultants within the delay and forensic planning team
- Suitable forensic planning job applicants should have several years of good quality delay analysis / forensic planning experience, either in a specialist role, or from a traditional planning job role with a major contractor
- Forensic planning job applicants must have excellent report writing skills and be able to demonstrate previous examples of successfully writing narratives
- Ideal forensic planning job applicants will have had previous experience of testifying
- Experience of writing or contributing to expert reports and writing adjudication applications and responses
- Proven track record of strong managerial experience of mentoring and developing junior staff
- A construction related degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent is highly desirable
- MSc or LLM in Construction law is desired
- Professional membership of relevant professional body such as the ICE is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading blue chip national and international construction claims and construction industry dispute consultancy. They are a major name in the international construction claims and disputes sector both in the UK and internationally. Full employer profile will be given to shortlisted candidates.