An Associate Director is required to join the utilities division of a leading international construction consultancy in their central London office, in the water / utilities sector. You will support the management direction and lead the cost management team whilst being accountable for key account management, providing key account management for clients.
You will be working on projects in the water / utility sector as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, more specifically involving heavy civil engineering, pipelines, and processing plants.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the companies specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team.
- Manage the delivery of cost management team outputs in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards.
- Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by the cost management teams prior to issue.
- To gain more clients through strong business development skills.
- Management of tender documents, appraisals and negotiations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven industry experience.
- A strong background in the delivery of consultancy services.
- Experience of leading cost management commissions for various sized projects in the utilities sector, or civil engineering, power and general infrastructure sector experience is looked upon favourably as a second preference.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a cost management team delivering projects or a service.
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent in one of the following fields: construction, cost management, quantity surveying, engineering, surveying or architecture.
- Masters in Quantity Surveying or Cost Management or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Chartership of a professional body such as the RICS or CIOB is highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a world leading international construction consultancy with offices all over the globe. They provide Cost Management, Project Management, Management Consultancy and Contract Services to public and private sectors in property, infrastructure and natural resources on an international level, working on some of the most prestigious projects worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.