A fantastic opportunity for an Associate level Quantity Surveyor has arisen, to join and a Central London office of a UK consultancy. Your role will be client facing and involve retaining and bringing in new clients in the built environment sector, whilst leading a team of Quantity Surveyors in the office on projects up to £50m in value. This is a great opportunity for an Associate level Quantity Surveyor who wants to join a company with existing clients, and who wants fast track promotion to Partnership.
Projects range up to £50m in the private residential new build, retail fit – out, and other building project sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead a team of Quantity Surveyors
- Ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- Retain and win new work, bringing in new clients where necessary
- Be responsible for the recruitment of new staff where necessary
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Construct bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to successfully manage projects in the built environment in a proactive and diligent manner
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a consultancy is a must
- Client facing experience is essential, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Ambitious to grow the client base and become a Partner of the organisation, leading your team from the front
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Clear focus on developing client accounts
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline is desired
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body is desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a first class traditional Quantity Surveying consultancy with multiple offices in the UK. They employ Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Building Surveyors and other disciplines. They have a fantastic office atmosphere in all of their other offices, with which there is close liaison and a team playing mentality. The company have a great reputation.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package.