An Associate Director is required to work for a leading global construction consultancy in Exeter, South West. You will be a manage an office of circa 10 current staff, however this number will grow in time. You will preferably have a Quantity Surveying background however a Project Management background is also acceptable. Experience in the South West is a must, as business development will be a part of the role. Projects will be building sector focussed.
You will be an Associate Director in the property sector. Projects will range in value and type, and include education, residential, commercial, retail, and mixed – use, but not limited to these. There may also be scope for some rail project exposure.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Associate Director, you will act in a team leader role and be responsible for the following:
- Manage an office of circa 10 staff to begin with, including Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers
- Be actively involved in business development to grow the office and business in the South West
- To gain more clients through strong business development skills in the South West
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Conducting feasibility studies and procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Ensure that strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team.
- Manage the delivery of cost management team outputs in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards.
- Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by the cost management teams prior to issue.
- Management of tender documents, appraisals and negotiations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You should have a proven track record in managing projects and acting in a client-facing capacity in the property / building sector
- You should have current or previous experience working in a Consultancy environment
- With excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a professional manner, you will be able to demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise your own work.
- Applicants should be degree qualified as a preference
- Chartered, or working towards completion of your APC in order to achieve MRICS status, or working towards your MCIOB or APM is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a major international construction consultancy that works in all projects sectors across the globe. They employ 1000’s of staff and maintain a market leading reputation across all continents and sectors, being at the forefront of the industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary, and unrivalled exposure for career growth