Associate DirectorRef MAX9064 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Salary To 65k DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 05/01/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
One of the most exciting roles we are working on currently. An Associate Director role for a Chartered Quantity Surveyor to manage the day-to-day running of a newly opened Nottingham office for a busy QS and PM Consultancy.
This is a unique role that would suit an ambitious and accomplished chartered Quantity Surveyor, that would like to progress their career in a management role.
The role will combine hands on Quantity Surveying duties, with the day-to-day management of a small team of junior staff within the office, as well as business development responsibilities.
The hiring company carry out projects throughout the Midlands region, as well as having national clients. They typically work on projects within the built environment, which are valued in the region of £1m - £20m. Typical sectors that they are involved in would include:
- Industrial & manufacturing
- Social Housing
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report directly into the Director and act in a pivotal role within the business to ensure the smooth running of the office as well as identifying and successfully bringing in new clients and work for the business.
Typical duties will include:
- Hands on pre and post contract Quantity Surveying duties
- Day-to-day management and running of the office
- Management and mentorship of small team
- Developing new contacts and performing in a business development role to gain clients in the local area
- Involved in the recruitment strategy and interviewing process for the office and wider business
- Excellent client facing skills
- Provide regular progress reports internally
- Attending networking events
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate managerial skills and experience within their career to date. Ideally at least having previous experience of managing a division of a business or similar small team within a larger business.
- Must be a dynamic, ambitious and pro-active individual who is capable of offering new ideas and solutions to the business
- Must be willing to perform in a hands on QS role within the business. We are not looking for senior manager who will sit behind a desk all day purely managing.
- The ability to run large individual projects and / or multiple smaller projects concurrently
- Effective communication skills – both internally to Directors and externally with clients
- Strong problem solver
- Previous experience in a work winning role would be advantageous, however exceptional candidates without this experience will be considered
- A career working predominantly for a PQS rather than a contractor is essential
- Previous experience of working on projects within the built environment is desired
- Full membership to the RICS or similar equivalent professional body is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will join a highly reputable Midlands based QS and PM consultancy, working out of their Nottingham office.
The hiring company are a small to medium sized consultancy, that carry out work in the East Midlands area, as well as having a number of national clients.
They have continued to grow throughout 2020 despite COVID restrictions, and have ambitions plans to grow their business even further in during 2021.
This is a very exciting role for an exceptional chartered QS who is looking for a big break into a managerial role, but is not getting the opportunities within their current employer. Or for candidates who are doing a similar role, but feel as if they have hit a glass ceiling with their current employer.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable basic salary (Circa £50k - £65k)
In-house and external training
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend