A busy chartered quantity surveying consultancy based in South Leicestershire are looking for an Associate Director to join their team.
To be successful in this role you must be a chartered quantity surveyor (MRICS) and be capable of managing multiple small to medium sized projects at any one time, as well as managing and developing a small team of junior quantity surveyors.
Your role will be to work closely with the Director of the business, deputising for him in his absence and taking the lead in the day-to-day running of projects within the built environment, which often relate to insurance claims (i.e. fire and flood insurance claims).
The Associate Director will need to have some consultancy experience, and be able to manage a variety of projects at any one time and pre and post contract work and from inception to completion.
The job role is to be the Associate in charge of cost management. Project work includes long term and one off client projects and includes both new build and refurbishment projects in the following sectors:
- Industrial & manufacturing
- Social Housing
Projects can be across the UK, however the company's main portfolio is within the Leicester, Leicestershire and Midlands region.
Working from home a few days a week by agreement is possible,
Responsibilities and Duties
This Associate Cost Consulting job role is a middle management role, with responsibility for a quantity surveying team. You will work closely with and reporting to the company director, supporting him with the running of client accounts and work delivery and deputising for him in his absence.
You will have a hands on role and be responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of quantity surveyors at a range of experience levels
Typical duties will include:
- Management and mentoring of your cost management and quantity surveying team
- Client facing management work
- Supervising and checking the production of Cost Estimates
- Supervising and checking the production of Schedules of Work
- Supervising and checking the production of Builders' Quantities
- Supervising and checking the production of Bills of Quantities
- Supervising and checking the production of Estimating work and Estimates
- Undertaking Feasibility studies
- Supervising and checking the production of Tender and contract documentation
- Supervising and checking the production of Valuations
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable Associate level candidates may have worked as Senior Cost Managers and should have a good combination of pre and post contract experience - although applications with a strength in either area will definitely also be considered
- Candidates suitable for this Associate role must be able to demonstrate how they have successfully managed and developed a team of cost managers / quantity surveyors whilst carrying out a hands on role themselves in the recent past
- Candidates should show demonstrable experience of running multiple projects; ideally in excess of or close to £1m or more
- Candidates should have experience in new build and /or refurbishment projects
- Candidates should be experienced, capable and willing to run a number of projects whilst supervising colleagues
- Applicants with a combination of consultancy and contracting backgrounds are welcome to apply. However candidates must have a healthy amount of experience working within a similar chartered quantity surveying practice
- Strong client facing skills are essential
- Full membership to the RICS or similar equivalent professional body is expected
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will join an established and growing Leicestershire based cost consultancy / QS and project management / PM consultancy which can offer their employees a mature, professional and collaborative working environment.
Company offices are based just off the A6 in South Leicestershire and are easily accessible from across the region.
This RICS accredited employer has an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal, established and expanding client base.
Of particular note for candidate job seekers considering a job to join and work with them, they can demonstrate a fantastic track record of promoting from within their business and there is a clear route for the successful candidate to be made an Associate Director within the business in due course if they have the motivation and capability to progress their career. The company enjoys a vibrant social interaction with staff and client customers and they are looking forward to restarting varied staff social events as well as promoting charity fundraising events within the community.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Negotiable basic salary (Circa £60k+)
- Generous holidays
- Pension scheme
- Car allowance
- In-house and external training