Associate Director of Quality
A prestigious new opportunity in Hong Kong for anyone who wants to elevate their career path to the next level. Our client, a fast-growing highly regarded global energy business is looking to appoint an experienced Associate Director of Quality for their Hong Kong operation. If you’re looking for career move with a highly reputed global employer, head-quartered in Hong Kong, this could be the job for you?
You’ll be based in the client’s head office in the New Territories in Hong Kong. Reporting to Head of Project Management, this role is accountable for leading the oversight and support of the Project Quality across Hong Kong, the Greater Bay Area, and mainland China to ensure projects develop and implement project quality management plans, programs and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, implement, and maintain a Quality Assurance and Quality Control plans and processes in accordance with international local regulatory requirements.
- Conduct contractor and supplier Quality Qualification in conjunction with Commercial and Procurement and conduct periodic surveillance.
- Assist projects in setting up Project Quality teams and recruiting staff.
- Utilize Quality expertise to develop processes, procedures and toolkits to assist Project Teams in developing Project QA/QC plans that cover design, manufacturing, construction, and commissioning. Accountable for the Quality Assurance of the client's Project Management Governance System (PMGS).
- Utilize Quality expertise to develop processes, procedures and toolkits in conjunction with Commercial and Procurement to conduct contractor and supplier Quality Qualification. Conduct periodic surveillance visits of contractors and suppliers to confirm suitability.
- Establish and maintain a team of Quality professionals and relationships with 3rd party QA/QC service providers to ensure Project Teams are fully supported in setting and implementing Project QA/QC plans.
- Provide guidance and support to Project Teams on development of quality deliverables such as Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), Supplier Quality Plans (SQP), and Procedures.
- Provide guidance and support to Project Teams on development of quality deliverables to handle quality deviations such as Non-conformance Reports (NCRs), Request for Information (RFIs) and Field Change Requests (FCRs).
- Review implementation NCR program on projects and provide feedback on adequacy of corrective actions, and suitability of proposed actions to prevent re-occurrence and drive improvement.
- Produce audit and surveillance plans for selected works. Conduct planned surveillance and audit to verify management system and works processes are being implemented, and intended outputs meet specified requirements.
- Produce accurate and detailed reports on all completed surveillances and audits.
- Provide guidance and training on Project Quality via the Project Management Academy and prepare procedures, guidelines, handbooks, and toolkits to assist projects in implementing Project Quality.
- Deciding the Project Quality recommendations to be contained in Investment Committee papers recommending investment in major projects circa HKF 6 bn.
- Endorsement of major project quality decisions (capital project portfolio circa HKD 6 bn) via the role of input to Project Steering Committees.
- Endorsement of procedures, guidelines, handbooks, and toolkits for Project Quality in the Project Management Governance System.
- Endorsement of Project Management Academy curriculum, training materials for Project Quality.
- Development of frequency and extent of Project Management Office Project Quality reviews of projects including design, manufacturing, and construction.
- Key decisions to be escalated: Approval of the client Project Management Governance Standard (PMGS) procedures, guidelines, handbooks, and toolkits for Project Quality.
- Key member on the PMO review team on all major capital projects across the business which have a combined total capex investment of HK$ 80 bn.
- Instructor in the Project Management Academy with over 1000 graduates.
- Managing and leading a direct team of 5 senior experts in Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Indirectly manages multiple Project Quality Teams across Hong Kong, the Greater Bay Area, and China.
- Expertise in the Project Quality practices in Hong Kong, the Greater Bay Area, and China.
Desired Skills and Experience
- With at least 20 years of total experience including 12 years’ managerial experience of Quality in a senior management role.
- Experience with a power organization or manufacturing organization with a large CAPEX expenditure. Experience with Chinese contractors and suppliers is preferrable.
- Experience in decentralized and matrixed environments where leadership and influencing skills are necessary to bring about change.
- Proven success in Mega Project aspects of Quality including Quality Assurance, Quality Control
- Proven experience with ISO 9001 and in reviewing and generating key Quality documents such as Inspection and Test Plans and Quality Plans.
- Strategic thinking and strong in leadership, problem solving skill with strong business acumen with high ethical standards.
- Assertive with good influencing capabilities and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, team-oriented and results-driven individual with a proven ability to build long-term collaborative working relationships with stakeholders.
- A university degree in an Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent.
- Prefer professional accreditation in Project Quality such as Chartered Quality Professional
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major energy business in Hong Kong. It is one of the most exciting construction, engineering and operating energy companies in Hong Kong. Their main goal is to offer innovative and sustainable services to their clients globally. If you’re looking for a new challenging opportunity in the construction and energy sector and a dynamic fast-growing company with a lot of career options, this could be the right fit for you.