Associate Director Quantum ClaimsRef MAX8644 Job Posted 07/02/2019 Region North and Scotland Location Glasgow, Scotland Salary £65k - £85k (DOE) + Bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A key role exists as Associate Director for the claims and disputes business unit of a global multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Glasgow, Scotland.
Due to growth within this regional office, our client seeks an experienced Associate Director who can add value to their business in the leadership of delivery of claims and disputes services.
Within this line of work you will be exposed to a wide range of projects potentially spanning across all sectors of the industry. You will act according to the clients brief and assignments will typically be based within Scotland, however on occasion assignments may be further afield including overseas.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report to the Director and be responsible for leading the delivery of claims and dispute resolution assignments. This may include assisting the Expert in the preparation of expert reports. You will also be tasked with showing some business development skills in either maximising work with current clients or bringing in new clients.
Typical duties will include:
- Detailed analysis of documents relating to costing, claims, and any other relevant information required to analyse information provided on major disputes
- Lead the delivery of commission services in line with client briefs.
- Provide in depth quantum analysis in support of the Quantum expert.
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of a full range of claims services across a wide client base.
- Assist with the preparation of expert reports for formal dispute resolution proceedings
- Contribute where possible to the development of the business by attempting to bring in new clients and maximising work with existing clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have prior experience working for a specialist claims and disputes consultancy preparing and defending claims for adjudication / mediation
- Candidates should have a stable and successful Quantity Surveying background, ideally with a reputable main contractor. Candidates with Consultancy experience may still be considered.
- Previous experience assisting an Expert Witness or working independently as an Expert is desired
- Professional and personable personality with the ability to fulfil business development responsibilities and assist in the growth of the business unit
- Candidates will need a willingness to travel to projects / offices further than a reasonably daily commute on occasions. All costs will be paid for by the employer.
- A Degree or similar equivalent qualification
- Membership to a relevant professional body is desired (i.e. MRICS)
- Further qualifications in construction law such as an MSc / LLM.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a global multi-disciplinary consultancy, widely recognised as a market leader for providing claims and dispute resolution services to the construction industry. Successful candidates will work for a market leading employer offering fantastic career and development opportunities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£65k - £85k (DOE)
- Senior Quantum Consultant - Expert Witness London - Circa £55k - £70k (DOE)
- Quantum Consultant - Expert Witness London - Circa £40k - £60k (DOE)
- Quantum Claims Consultant Bristol - £35k - £50k
- Senior Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £50k - £65k (DOE)
- Claims Consultant Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £36k - £48k (DOE)
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend