Associate Director - QuantumRef MAX8987 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £80k-£110k+benefits DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 08/03/2021 Status Live
A Quantum Associate role is available with a leading central London based claims and disputes consultancy.
The successful candidate must be able to manage their own workload and be self-sufficient while working on projects / disputes. You will need to be able to demonstrate a strong career in a specialist claims role, specifically relating to quantum issues.
Ideally this will be with a similar claims consultancy where you will have worked on a range of disputes including adjudications, arbitrations, mediations, and advisory work.
You will work predominantly on building sector projects using your quantum analysis skills to provide dispute resolution services. Many of the hiring company’s clients will be major UK contractors so experience of working on live projects and disputes within the built environment would be advantageous.
Due to the nature of the role, you will gain exposure to a wide variety of projects / disputes over the course of a 12-month period.
Responsibilities and Duties
This successful candidate will report directly into the Senior Director of the quantum division and you will work closely with them to provide disputes advice to their clients. Specific duties will include:
- Forensic investigation of project disputes.
- The preparation of written reports for use in dispute resolution processes, including mediation, adjudication and litigation; prepared as either advocate or assistant to an independent expert.
- Preparation or defence of claims on behalf of employers, main contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Providing forensic quantum analysis
- Liaising with the client and members of their team to gather all relevant information to build a successful narrative.
- Liaise with the delay department where necessary
- To set up and manage multiple dispute assignments, including the management of junior staff and delegation of work.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Quantity Surveying background with experience in a specialist quantum role for a claims and disputes consultancy
- Experience of managing quantum disputes and preparation of work for various forms of dispute resolution, including: Mediation, adjudication and arbitration.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge of familiar forms of contract such as JCT, NEC and FIDIC
- A high level of understanding of contract and law within the construction industry.
- Excellent team working skills along with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances.
- The ability to work and organise multiple commissions.
- An excellent knowledge of construction techniques.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or another similar equivalent is strongly desired
- A member of a professional body such as the RICS, CIOB, ICES or a similar equivalent
- Any further qualifications in Construction Law are beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading construction claims consultancy in the UK. They predominantly work with main contractors to provide advisory services relating to major and minor disputes, as well as providing advice over the life cycle of a project as consultants.
The business is ran by a number of Directors who have experience of working for some of the most reputable contractors and disputes consultancies in the industry. They retain much of their work from previous engagements. They have an excellent reputation in the marketplace for providing claims and expert services on Quantum and Delay related issues. They can provide fantastic exposure to major UK disputes for candidates looking to work on a good variety of interesting claims work.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£80K - £110K
+ Generous Bonus Scheme
+ Other benefits including pension
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend