Associate Director (Regional Manager)
A top end international construction consultancy are seeking an Associate Director (Regional Manager) to head up a commercial and planning team in the South East region of the UK. You should be able to win work, and you will be responsible for your own budget for the region, overseeing numerous Quantity Surveying and Planning staff that will work within various project sectors for a variety of clients. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a reputable company, with scope to work from home if required. The Main office for the region is in London but residing location isn't seen as an issue as you can work from home in parts and much of your role will be to develop new business by meeting clients at their offices. Main Contracting experience is required for this role.
Projects will vary across all sectors of construction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be responsible for your own budget for the region
- You will oversee numerous staff and be responsible for the process of seconding these staff out to your key clients in the area
- Work winning will be one of your main areas of work through contacts already established by the company and also your own
- You will be responsible for the recruitment of staff
- You will be responsible for the training and supervision of members of staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have strong commercial experience in build, civil engineering, or utilities sectors of construction
- Main Contracting experience
- You will have the ability to win new work and maintain key client relationships
- You will have the ability to effectively recruit and monitor staff for client needs
- You will have experience managing the commercial side of projects in any given sector
- You will preferably have experience as a Quantity Surveyor or Cost Manager progressing to a Senior Quantity Surveyor and onwards earlier in your career
- Member or Fellow of RICS or CIOB is preferred
- A construction related degree or equivalent is desired
- A qualification in Construction Law is seen as beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a global leading construction consultancy, capable of providing a number of consultancy services to its clients including contract administration, claims & dispute resolution and project management. They have a particularly large presence in the UK and Middle East region, although do work on all continents.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company provide a car allowance, and all other standard additives on top of a very competitive base salary.