Associate for Loan Monitoring DepartmentRef MAX9116 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Toronto, Canada Salary Up to cGBP£80k/CAD$140,000 Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 25/03/2021 Status Live
An Associate or Associate Director level Loan Monitoring specialist is required to join a reputable consultancy firm in Toronto, Ontario. The successful candidate will lead the loan monitoring team and service within the multidisciplinary business, reporting directly to the business owners.
Applications are welcome from high calibre Loan Monitoring experienced candidates from within Canada or from Loan Monitoring professionals who are committed to coming to work in Toronto, Canada who are eligible to apply for a work permit or right to work with this potential employer's help
The candidate appointed to this Associate Loan Monitoring job role will lead the project loan monitoring department and project team who are already working on many of Toronto’s exciting new development projects.
Projects will typically be high value, complex developments that can include new build, refurbishment and fit-out. In general terms the company works across a number of sectors, including:
- Institutional Infrastructure
- Hospitality / Leisure
The primary focus of the Loan Monitoring Associate will be to focus on complex building projects and the key financial monitoring and reporting processes to ensure smooth and profitable financial closure.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Associate Loan Monitor job duties and role will focus on business management and client management of the Loan Monitoring service provision, but will also require an understanding and management of staff working on the core service deliverables of:
- Preparing cost plans
- Preparing cash flow projection
- Assessing the project budget and time schedules
- Reviewing and providing advice on all cost items and contractor commitments
- Reviewing project finance documents/conditions
- Assisting the developer with agreement of lender requirements
- Checking designs in the context of budget preparation
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Reporting on, measuring and valuing variations
- Performing site inspections
- Assessing valuation of construction work
- Providing independent review and analysis of construction activities
- Identifying any risk factors throughout the project
The Associate Loan Monitor role will also include the responsibility for:
- Supervising junior project Loan Monitors
- Preparing and presenting cash flow and cost management advice at a high level to clients
- Interpreting and offering cost planning advice regarding the financial feasibility of projects to clients
- Communicating on potential cost overruns and schedule delays to clients and troubleshooting projects
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideally candidates will come from a Professional Quantity Surveying or similar background and will be able to demonstrate evidence of working at either a Senior Consultant level or at Associate level within Loan Monitoring work.
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject is strongly preferred
- Professional membership of the RICS CIQS, PQS or a similar equivalent professional body is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an independent real estate and cost advisory firm based in suburban Toronto, Ontario.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend