Summary of Associate Job Vacancy - Central London
An Associate with a strong quantity surveying background is required to join a fantastic construction consultancy in their Central London office. You’ll be managing a team of cost management quantity surveying professionals, delivering successful solutions for clients in the building sector. You will be accountable for leading a team of Quantity Surveyors, key account management and other business development related activity.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your Duties and Responsibilities as an Associate (not limited to):
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team.
- Manage the delivery of cost management team outputs in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards.
- Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by the cost management teams prior to issue.
- To gain more clients through strong business development skills.
- Management of tender documents, appraisals and negotiations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent in quantity surveying or a construction field
- Proven industry experience as a quantity surveyor
- A strong background in the delivery of consultancy services.
- Experience of leading cost management commissions for various sized construction projects and medium to high complexity.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters
- People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a cost management team delivering a project.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Quantity Surveying or relevant construction discipline is strongly preferred
- MRICS or FRICS status is preferred, or on route to obtaining chartered status.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is regarded as one of the most reputable construction consultancies in the current UK market. The company currently employs over 60 cost management staff and growing, offering unrivalled project exposure and career growth, along with chartership support, and first class training and development.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary with benefits, and reward their staff when quality work is shown.