Summary of Associate Job Vacancy - London
An Associate Director is required to join the high-end residential division of a leading international construction consultancy in their central London office, in the high-end residential sector. You will support the management direction and lead the cost management team whilst being accountable for key account management and other business development related activity.
You will be working on major projects in the high-end residential sector, often valued well over £100m+.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the companies specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team.
- Manage the delivery of cost management team outputs in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards.
- Experience of working in the UK construction market
- Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by the cost management teams prior to issue.
- To gain more clients through strong business development skills.
- Management of tender documents, appraisals and negotiations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven industry experience.
- A strong background in the delivery of consultancy services.
- Experience of leading cost management commissions for various sized construction projects and medium to high complexity.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a cost management team delivering a project.
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent in one of the following fields: construction, cost management, quantity surveying, engineering, surveying or architecture.
- Masters in Quantity Surveying or Cost Management or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Chartership of a professional body such as the RICS is highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a world leading international construction and management consultancy with offices in over 30 countries. They provide Cost Management, Project Management, Management Consultancy and Contract Services to public and private sectors in property, infrastructure and natural resources.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 27 days holiday + bank holiday and Christmas breaks
- Pension contribution on 3% – 5%
- 85% healthcare coverage
- Ride to work scheme
- £250 leisure voucher
- Childcare vouchers if required
- 4:30pm finish on chosen days
- Social events such as drinks etc.