An attractive Associate job role with a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying & Project Management Practice based in Leicestershire.
As an Associate with this quantity surveying and project management focused consultancy business, you will be responsible for managing and growing a dynamic team of Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers.
You will work closely with the Directors of the business to help drive the quality and delivery of their services, as well as to ensure the ongoing commercial success and profitability of the business.
Suitable Associate Director candidates must be Chartered Quantity Surveyors (MRICS or equivalent) and be capable of managing multiple projects at any one time, as well as passionate about managing, supporting developing others.
The Associate Director (cost consultancy) will be responsible for managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers delivering an exciting and expanding range of projects across a range of sectors including:
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- Religious, heritage and conservation
Your employer will be an established and expanding Chartered Quantity Surveying & Project Management consultancy that is working on a range of projects for multiple public and private sector clients within a range of sectors.
This Associate role could be suitable for a Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor with cost consultancy experience who desires to progress into a management position.
The successful candidate will be office based in Leicestershire, with potential to work from home few days a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Associate Director cost consulting job duties will require you to:
- Take the management and Cost/Commercial lead on a range of construction projects for retained clients and to supervise the work of all cost management staff including Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Apprentice Quantity Surveyors.
- Act as the principal point of contact with the client for the project and for the other consultants on the design team.
- Take responsibility for a number of key client accounts and to build relationships with them to ensure satisfaction with the service provided
- Identify areas in which the client account can be grown further
- Be able to work independently and take responsibility for the successful delivery of the Quantity Surveying and Project Management services on all the projects you and your employer are involved with.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement excellent time management strategies.
- Attend marketing and business development events to represent the company and to seek and secure additional work.
- Ensure all clients receive an excellent level of service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable Associate level candidates will have excellent core QS/quantity surveying/cost management and project management skills including, cost estimating, BOQ production, feasibility studies, tender documentation and contract documentation production, valuation work, cost reporting and final account work,
- Are able to manage others undertaking these duties.
- Previous experience working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Cost Manager from a PQS/Cost consulting background
- Capable of running multiple projects independently.
- Able to demonstrate a strategic approach and problem-solving skills and capacity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Driving licence and own car.
- Willingness to travel to sites across the UK as required
- Chartered Member of the RICS (or equivalent)
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or a degree in Cost Management or similar is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy that is working on projects across England, but with a core business focus with work in the Midlands, Home Counties and in the South of England. They have ongoing repeat work within Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, and are growing fast.
They have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare, care home, industrial, religious, heritage/conservation and insurance related work confirmed from repeat and new clients for a number of years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees.
They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company.
Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommend them highly.
Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary with regular performance and salary reviews
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 with time served)
- Car Allowance
- Professional fees paid
- In house and external training and support
- Discretionary bonus
- Opportunity for hybrid working (up to 2 days per week WFH)
- ‘Feel good Fridays' (dress down; pastries; early finish)