Associate Lead Estimator
A fantastic opportunity for an Associate Estimator has arisen to work on an exciting major rail framework, based from a Birmingham office. To be the successful candidate you must have a strong rail or civils background in an Estimating role, with experience of taking the overall Estimating lead on commissions whilst managing a small team of Estimators.
You will be an Associate Estimator working on an exciting rail framework based from a Birmingham office.
Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Estimator Job Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Manage a small team of Estimators
- Take the Estimating lead and be fully responsible for presenting cost plans
- Review clients project proposals and documents and identify the key items for pricing
- Determine the clients price submission requirements and create the estimating plan and document
- Build up an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format with a level of detail commensurate with the level of maturity of the client’s project
- Liaison with the client team and designers to understand the project requirements.
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the price to the heads of department
- Provide estimating assurance and governance to management and delivery teams.
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a the Lead Estimator on rail or civils projects
- Consultancy, Main Contractor or Client side backgrounds are all considered
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to cost planning
- Experience of working competently & consistently in a Pre-Contract role is essential
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering is desired
- MACostE is beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is one of the leading construction and engineering consultancies on the globe that operates on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and overseas. They are a multi-disciplinary consultancy that offer fantastic progression opportunities within.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary.