Associate Quantity Surveyor
Associate Quantity Surveyor job vacancy to work in an Associate capacity based from the company office in Central London. This Associate role is to work on a range of exciting building, facades and sustainability related projects.
As Associate Quantity Surveyor, you will have responsibility for managing client accounts, managing internal quantity surveying staff and running your own projects. Project work will be both pre and post contract.
The portfolio of projects this employer undertakes are mostly high value office, retail and commercial buildings. They have a number of specialisms in relation to facades, BIM and also have extensive experience in relation to the cost management during the construction of tall buildings.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Associate QS, you will work independently and manage client relationships on all of your projects, and will supervise Junior QS / Cost Management staff.
You will report to one of the Senior Partners who will help with any contentious issues or matters requiring higher level sign off. As an indication, your Associate QS job duties will include:
- Supervising QS colleagues who are preparing Cost Plans & Cost Estimates
- Supervising the preparation of tender enquiry documents
- Supervising and checking Bills of Quantity
- Supervising take offs
- Managing and supervising the preparation of feasibility reports
- Managing the contractor liaison process
- Supervising valuations
- Supervising cost/ value reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Cost Plans & Cost Estimates and extensive management experience in this area
- Experience with the preparation of tender enquiry documents and extensive management experience in this area
- Able to supervise the Bills of Quantity production process
- Experience with supervising take offs
- Experience with managing feasibility reports
- Experience with contractor liaison management
- Experience with managing the valuation production process
- Experience with cost/ value reconciliations and extensive management experience in this area
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management is advantageous.
- MRICS is expected.
- Experience in helping junior staff in becoming Chartered is highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading medium sized Quantity Surveying and Cost Management consultancy based in London. Their size allows them to make admirable efforts to slow climate change and undertake work with their community to improve it.
Their specialist focus relates to the cost management of tall buildings and building facades.
Full details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary
- Contributory pension
- Private medical
- 38 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity / paternity scheme
- Quarterly appraisal of performance
- Potential for profit share or share options