Associate Quantity SurveyorRef MAX9151 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicestershire Salary c£60-75k+ Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 10/06/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
Associate Quantity Surveyor job with a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying Practice based in Leicestershire. As the Associate Quantity Surveyor / Associate Cost Manager / Employers Agent, you will take responsibility for managing a team of Quantity Surveyors working on multiple projects from a portfolio that includes new build, refurbishment of affordable housing, social housing, retirement apartments, healthcare or student accommodation projects.
You will be office based in Leicestershire and will manage a team of office based Quantity Surveyors that work on and visit live projects across Leicestershire, the East Midlands, the Midlands and at times, other parts of England.
Most construction projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework. Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations, developers or relate to insurance work which is ongoing and expanding in scope.
Many clients are key accounts that require high levels of service to maintain and expand services provided. As an Associate Quantity Surveyor, you will also have responsibility for growing accounts and developing new ones.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Associate Quantity Surveyor job duties will require you to:
- Take the management and cost/commercial lead on a range of construction projects and to supervise the work of Senior QS, Quantity Surveyors Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Apprentice Quantity Surveyors.
- Lead the quantity surveying team and undertake and manage a range of pre and post contract quantity surveying duties such as cost estimating, BOQ production, feasibility studies, tender documentation and contract documentation production, valuation work, cost reporting and final account work.
- Act as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team.
- Take responsibility for a number of client accounts and to build relationships with them to ensure satisfaction with the service provided and to identify areas in which the client account can grow further
- To work independently and take responsibility for the successful delivery of the Quantity Surveying and Project Management services on all the projects you are involved with.
- Act as or supervise others performing the Employer’s Agent on Design & Build projects
- Follow the company QMS Quality Management System during the delivery of all services.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement excellent time management strategies.
- Ensure all clients receive an excellent level of service.
- Train and assist Quantity Surveying colleagues at all levels.
- Attend marketing and business development events to represent the company and to seek and secure additional work.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience of running your own projects as a Quantity Surveyor, Cost Consultant or Senior Quantity Surveyor or Senior Cost Consultant working for either a PQS/cost consultancy or building contractor or subcontractor.
- Experience of managing a team of QS and experience of managing client accounts
- Experience of measurement software such as CostX Measurement Software or similar and the ability to manage colleagues using it.
- Previous experience of pre and post contract quantity surveying duties including cost estimating, BOQ production, feasibility studies, tender documentation and contract documentation production, valuation work, cost reporting and final account work, and the ability to manage others undertaking these duties.
- Able to demonstrate a strategic approach and problem-solving skills and capacity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable strong staff management skills
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or a degree in Cost Management or similar is desirable
- MRICS Chartership or equivalent is expected
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working on projects across England, with a focus on the Midlands, Home Counties and South of England. Operating in counties including Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare and other building related work to undertake for clients for years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company. Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommend them highly. Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary of c£60-75k+ based on previous experience
Phone & laptop provided
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend