Associate Quantity Surveyor
A fantastic opportunity for an Associate level Quantity Surveyor has arisen to join a first class property and construction consultancy in Wokingham, on a wide variety of projects mainly focused on commercial development, up to £40m in value. This is a client facing role, and will suit a consultancy experienced Quantity Surveyor that has the ambition to develop and grow this side of the business. This will be an extremely rewarding role working for a company with excellent growth plans.
Project details range between the commercial new build and fit out, residential, and education sectors, from £8m - £40m in value. One example of a current project is one that includes 800,000 square feet of office space for a major client.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the role of Associate within the business, taking responsibility for start to finish project delivery.
- Ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- Be an Associate who promotes business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
- Managing the processes of writing feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Construct bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Experience in the building construction project sector for a consultancy company or client organisation is essential
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Client facing experience, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Ambitious to grow within the business
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline is desired
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body is desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a first class property and construction consultancy with offices on various continents. They employ over 400 staff in the UK from various offices, and are consistently ranked among the top employers in the UK.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a generous car allowance, pension, health, generous holiday, and other market leading benefit schemes.