Associate Quantum Director
Summary of Associate Quantum Director Job Vacancy - London
An Associate Director is required for the Quantum department of an international Expert Witness and Claims consultancy. This is an opportunity for hands on candidates with deep industry knowledge and strong technical skills to combine both business development and consulting skills to deliver a high quality product, whilst managing a team of Quantum professionals.
You will work on some of the largest and most interesting disputes on Major Construction projects worldwide, located in places such as the UK, Middle East and Far East, but not limited to these.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will include (not limited to):
- Building strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Reporting to a Director and organising and managing a team to ensure excellence in providing high quality advice and service delivery
- Continuing to build the company reputation in the business and legal community
- Working closely with the existing leadership team in a collaborative way to drive the business forward
- Attracting exceptional people to support the business at every level as required, forming a succession plan for the future
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in providing and assisting “expert” consultancy involving complex international, cross-border disputes on matters of construction quantum would be essential.
- Broad experience across a range of construction/engineering projects
- Claims, dispute avoidance and cost management experience
- Experience as an expert witness or assisting expert witnesses and / or on the brink of acting as an expert in their own right on disputes on construction/engineering projects
- Evidence of key relationships with clients and legal professionals
- Flexible attitude to working and be prepared to work elsewhere region-wise for short periods (commonly 1 – 2 weeks).
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust with clients
- Ambition and drive to develop into an Expert Witness if you are not already, and a business leader
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team focus and a desire to develop staff
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
- Degree qualified or equivalent in construction related topic is desired
- Post graduate diploma or similar in Construction Law related topic is desired but not essential
- Member or Fellow of the RICS is desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a worldwide player in Construction disputes and avoidance, working on some of the largest and most complex disputes worldwide. They promote the improvement and training of staff at all levels, and are currently growing on a global basis.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.