Asssitant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to join one of the UK's largest main contractors on a £91m high end residential project based in Central London. The successful candidate will assist the Senior Quantity Surveyors in their day-to-day duties on this project and learn from some highly experienced and knowledgeable Quantity Surveyors on this exciting project.
The project is a £91m residential development situated in Central London. The hiring company are responsible for delivering the projects shell and core. This is a great opportunity to work for a leading main contractor on a good sized project, whilst learning from some of the industry's best.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will ultimately report into the Project Commercial Manager on the project, however on a day-to-day basis you will work closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyors on this project assisting with duties such as:
- Taking measurements
- Payment of sub-contractors
- Writing reports
- Gathering data
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally candidates will have some experience working as a Quantity Surveyor. Ideally this will be post qualification experience, however candidates that have studied on a part time basis whilst in working as a Quantity Surveyor are also desired
- Previous experience of working for a reputable and large scale contractor is desired due to familiarity with strict systems & procedures as well as daily / weekly / monthly reporting procedures
- Candidates with a bias towards working on reasonable sized construction projects are preferred
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, ambitious and hard working
- Must have a good understanding of the Quantity Surveying role and previous experience in the duties set out above
A degree or similar equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject is desired.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a prestigious and desirable employer in the UK and global construction
industry. They have one of the largest turnovers of all main contractors in the UK and an exciting order book of projects with some of London's busiest developers.
They have a number of programs running within the business to assist employees with career development. This ranges from assisting employees in obtaining their relevant professional memberships, assisting employees to train for managerial roles and a Directors program identifying high potential candidates early in their career and training & supporting them to work at Director level within the business.
This employer would suit any Quantity Surveyor currently working for a leading main contractor in the UK who feels they may not be getting the assistance and support that they deserve to fulfill their potential.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25,000 - £30,000
+ Travel Expenses
+ Private Medical Cover
+ Pension Scheme
+ 26 Days Holiday