Bid Manager P3 and Major ProjectsRef MAX8693 Job Posted 10/04/2019 Region Canada Location Toronto, Canada Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A fantastic Bid Manager, P3, Alternative Delivery & Major Projects job, based just outside Toronto, Ontario with a reporting structure directly into the Director of Pre-Construction.
The successful candidate will lead and facilitate project development from inception to close-out, while establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The Bid Manager will be responsible for daily functioning and coordination of project procurement.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the pursuit of large PPP P3 and Alternative Delivery bids and develop strategic initiatives that will contribute to ongoing success
- Liaise with subgroup leaders to ensure alignment with milestones
- Research scope elements and review project documentation to determine details for estimating and quantification
- Spearhead the bid management process including internal coordination, estimating, planning, costing, engineering, scheduling, tender submission, and negotiation
- Analyze opportunity, cost, and risk throughout the entire bid management process
- Actively participate in costing, coordination with estimating team and technical personnel, procurement, legal, finance, quotations, cost consolidation, and document review.
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration within the business development team, and between other departmental stakeholders.
- Developing and executing tendering strategies focused on optimizing safety, cost schedule, quality, and other client requirements.
- Secure resources to support bid, including skills and efforts required to satisfy deliverables.
- Negotiate final contract terms and conditions, specifications and price.
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Commercial/Industry awareness
- Able to Communicate Effectively
- Hold Self and Others Accountable
- Coaches and Develops others
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role
- Estimating and Project Management experience is an asset
- Proven experience driving results and aligning organizational vision to strategic initiatives
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Project), JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system
- Willing and able to travel
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil, or business), construction management, business commerce, Project management, or a related discipline (recognized certification or licensure preferred – P.Eng., C.E.T., PMP or similar)
- The following certifications/designations are considered an asset: PMP designation, Construction safety certifications and an MBA
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A Canadian contractor with a great reputation within building and civil engineering contracting. Full details supplied to shortlisted applicants
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend