For those with construction careers or related, A major HK statutory organisation is looking for an energetic, forward thinking BIM Manager to join their team and help to manage the BIM development program across the industry.
This is a departure from our normal construction recruitment as our client is a critical government institution and coordinating body established in 2007 to improve the quality and competitiveness of the construction industry sectors and promote good practices.
Our client acts as a communications platform / channel and is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, share knowledge, reflect the industry’s needs, improve labour relations, promote health & safety and sustainable construction and elevate the standards and skills of the industry via funding research and organising vocational training.
Responsibilities and Duties
- to plan, develop and review BIM training courses and curriculum to meet the needs of Hong Kong construction industry and to deliver the BIM training Programme;
- to facilitate BIM and digital technology adoption by the construction industry in Hong Kong;
- to support the implementing of the Construction Digitalisation Roadmap;
- to promote and educate the industry on BIM and related technologies through organising events, conference, seminars and workshops in collaboration with industry experts;
- to work with academia in developing BIM literacy of undergraduates;
- to work with professional bodies and major associations in building capacity and capability of their members in BIM and related technologies;
- to review and assess the applications made under the client's BIM Certification and Accreditation schemes to uphold the quality of BIM personnel and BIM course; and
- to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
Desired Skills and Experience
- a minimum of 10 years' post-qualification work experience in construction or engineering field and in applying BIM in past projects; experience in serving the role of BIM Manager in past projects would be an advantage;
- profound knowledge in planning, designing, administrating and operating BIM projects;
- experience in developing BIM curriculum and conducting BIM training for a company and / or for the industry;
- indepth knowledge of BIM software with project implementation experience;
- experience in planning and organising BIM seminars and conferences and in promoting BIM through online channels and social media;
- knowledge to multiple BIM authoring and analysis applications, and knowledge of BIM in professions other than his her own discipline would be an advantage;
- knowledge of openBIM would be an advantage;
- good organisation skills, proactive working attitude and willingness to take up responsibilities;
- ability to work independently as well as a strong team player;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills and strong network with industry stakeholders; and
- excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
- a recognised degree in building, architecture, engineering or other construction related discipline with profound knowledge in BIM and in the BIM standards;
- a professional qualification such as HKIA, HKIE or HKIS or equivalent; RIBA, ICE, RICS, CIOB is strongly preferred;
- professional qualification of client Certified BIM Managers or equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a dynamic organisation that focuses on the construction industry's needs and aspirations as well as providing a communication channel with local Government to solicit advice on all construction-related matters.
This Government organisation is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, administer registration and rating schemes, steer forward research and manpower development, facilitate adoption of construction standards, promote good practices and compile performance indicators.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary, package and benefits