Summary of Build Planner Job Vacancy - London
A Planner is required to work on large scale build projects in the UK. The company is a purely planning based consultancy which means they are at the forefront of the planning industry, and are a leading brand when it comes to enhancing skills and allowing large responsibility when desired to enhance career progression.
You will be working on various exciting building projects across the UK. Project value can range from a few £million to over £100m.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide advice to contractors on the structure and content of their schedules.
- Assess contractors baseline schedule and monthly updates providing an analysis of the technical integrity and content, recommending acceptance or rejection of contractor programmes.
- Support the verification of contractors earned value and review the alignment.
- Develop sub-programme knowledge to advise the Control Account Managers and contractors on re-planning and short term task planning as required.
- Support the process through input of current schedule plans.
- Produce schedule reports supporting the effective communication of schedule status in line with client requirements.
- Assess the impacts (time & cost) of proposed baseline changes
- Review the content of instructed PMIs and their implementation within the contractors schedule.
Desired Skills and Experience
- P6 or Asta Powerproject schedule development and administration
- Detailed schedule development
- Assuring design schedules
- Schedule risk analysis
- Building project experience
- Degree in engineering or relevant construction discipline desired
- Chartership of professional body would be seen as an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a leading, front end planning consultancy, specialising in the building sector of construction. Being a niche, national consultancy, they are able to maintain their brand of being the at the fore front of the planning industry in the UK and also seen by international companies as a trend setter in construction planning. This company provide a great opportunity to improve and enhance your skills.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer health, pension, and other attractive benefits.