Chartered Building SurveyorRef MAX9156 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £60k - £80k + Generous Bonus Scheme Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 25/05/2021 Status Live
A Chartered Building Surveyor is required to work for a construction claims and disputes consultancy based in central London.
You will be linked to the client’s central London office, however the role will comprise of a combination of office based work, hot desk opportunities and working from home. Therefore, it is not essential to be in the immediate radius of the London office to perform in this role.
The successful candidate will be a rounded and experienced Building Surveyor either with prior experience of working on construction disputes or with a strong desire to move into a role of this nature. A Building Surveyor currently working in a project-based setting must accept/be willing to leave that behind and move into a role which will be reviewing/reporting on projects delivered by others.
Full training and a support can be provided on the difference in analysing and reporting on projects/disputes in a specialist disputes role; however, candidates much have a good foundation of specific building surveying experience to be considered.
The client provides advice to clients on technical disputes within the construction industry. At present they are particularly busy working on several cladding related issues on projects up and down the country.
You will act in a supporting role to the head of the division and lead expert.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role as a Senior Consultant within the business will be to provide support to the lead expert on one or more disputes. Your role will include, but not be limited to:
- Core strong building pathology inspection/defect diagnosis
- Liaising with the various parties involved in the dispute to get the relevant information you require to carry out your detailed analysis
- Analysing large quantities of data including drawings, contract documents, correspondence between various parties involved in the dispute
- Assessing and determining where faults have been made and the issues surrounding faults. Including where the who was at fault. i.e. was it an architectural, engineering or workmanship fault.
- Writing reports based on your findings and backing them up with facts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experienced and rounded Building Surveying background
- Good report writing, which can be adopted/mentored to develop expert report writing skills
- Strong awareness of statutory consent obligations for a project team and technical awareness of a wide range of statutory issues
- Typical instructions will require an opinion:
- Technical understanding of the construction workmanship/design/specification – defects
- Professional duties to identify, manage and communicate to the appointing Client – defects, workmanship, design/specification issues
- Excellent technical expertise on a range of building projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional approach with string client facing skill
- Good knowledge of building processes and regulations
- Prior experience on construction disputes would be advantageous but is not essential, as full training can be given in carrying out the specific analysis and report writing relating to a disputes focussed role.
- Candidates must be chartered building surveyors. Ideally members of the RICS, however similar equivalents may be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable claims and disputes consultancy with multiple offices in the UK and overseas. They provide a range of claims and disputes related services to their clients on prestigious projects and disputes both domestically and internationally.
This role sits specifically within the Technical division of the hiring company, which is small but growing division within the wider business. You will join a small team of experienced chartered surveyors providing to support to the Director and expert witness within the division.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £60k - £80k basic salary (DOE)
+ Generous Bonus Scheme
- Chartered Building Surveyor Horsham, West Sussex - £60k - £80k + Generous Bonus Scheme
- Chartered Building Surveyor Lancashire - £60k - £80k + Generous Bonus Scheme
- Chartered Building Surveyor Lancashire - £60k - £90k + Lucrative quarterly bonus
- Senior Building Surveyor Kowloon, Hong Kong - HK$75K - HK$110K
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend