Chartered Managing Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Budget estimates, Cost Plans and Bills of Quantities.
- Tender documentation, tender analyses and tender reports.
- Contract documentation.
- Interim valuations (including the evaluation of variations).
- Financial and contractual reports.
- Final accounts.
- Monitoring Surveying Reports.
- Subcontract procurement.
- Attending pre and post contract meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Quantity Surveying and Employer’s Agent experience that includes delivering mixed-use schemes of £50m+ (preferably for private commercial developers).
- Demonstrable track record of having individual responsibility for the commercial delivery of major projects.
- You will have the energy, attitude and aptitude, coupled with strong people skills and excellent judgement, required to simultaneously consider the needs of the development as a place, asset and business for all stakeholders.
- Experience in residential, student accommodation, commercial and/or education projects.
- Being positive, quick to understand Client needs and the nub of any issue, responsive, proactive, solution-led, innovative and creative is core to this role.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks at the very earliest opportunity is essential as is clarity of project strategy, direction and a capacity to communicate succinctly orally and through reports.
- Familiar with methods, techniques and tools required to manage cost, risk, contracts, quality and the interfaces between them; including team, contractual, design and cost management and the experience to design a project governance framework.
- Chartered with MRICS status is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading provider of Property & Construction Surveying services delivered from their network of offices in London, Brighton, Southampton, Bournemouth, Exeter and North Africa. They are a dynamic, diverse organisation and have grown strongly through repeat business, referrals and acquisitions since their inception in 1992.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 28 days leave plus additional 1 day per full year of service up to a specified limit
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
- Relevant Professional membership fees paid.
- Bonus scheme.
- Personal development and CPD training courses.
- Laptop and smart phone.
- Friendly culture.