Chief Programming EngineerRef MAX9113 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary HK$180K / m ++ Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 26/04/2021 Status Live
If you are interested to explore construction jobs abroad, then our client, a highly regarded blue chip global rail business, is seeking to identify and appoint a heavy hitting Chief Programming Engineer to manage the planning and programming function for the Capital Works Business Unit of a major rail business In Hong Kong. This is an executive management appointment.
You will be based in our clients Head Quarters on Kowloon side, Hong Kong.
You will manage the planning and programming function for the Capital Works Business Unit and perform the resource manager role for all Civil and E&M planning & programming staff; Analyse, plan and monitor the overall programming and tracking of critical activities for all project works which are multi-disciplinary, running concurrently and complex in nature. This includes, Civil, E&M, operations projects, and existing and new multi-billion-dollar railway projects.
Provide expert advice to GMs and Capital Works Director to ensure the project programmes strictly adhere to the project definitions and both internal / external stakeholders’ requirements. Provide leadership in any delay recovery measures to secure on-time delivery of projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the General Manager-Projects Management Office, you will:
- Manage the development of realistic integrated master programmes for all new greenfield and brownfield railway projects covering all aspects, design, procurement, civil and E&M construction, track related installation programme (TRIP), signaling systems integration and upgrading, system integration, test and commissioning and trial operations. Develop key interface and key milestone dates for all projects and works contracts.
- Drive development and set-up of digital processes and systems for contemporaneous time management through earned value management system, collation of digital daily as-built records in common data environment and instantaneous time slice programme comparison to facilitate NEC4 contract administration.
- Analyse, plan and monitor overall project programmes; liaise and collaborate with project GMs and respective programming teams to ensure the implementation of project programmes aligns with project definitions and requirements.
- Analyse critical paths of projects, challenge assumptions and provide independent expert views and advice to GMs and Capital Works Director on overall and individual project programme progress and status to serve as ‘check and balance’ system for senior management.
- Identify project programme risks and deviations from the project programme. Evaluate and devise mitigation strategies for the programme risks and variations through close partnership with respective GMs.
- Lead programming teams during the initial technical study, preliminary, reference and detailed design phases for new railway projects; review and endorse the programming aspects of consultancy and works contract tender documents.
- Ensure implementation of best practice approaches and compliance with policies and procedures across all programming teams aligning with all internal and external requirements, rules and regulations, and latest technologies are used.
- Responsible for overall performance of the programming teams through providing leadership and direction upholding the integrity of the policies, procedures and approaches, ensuring adequate staff training & development, resource deployment, etc.
- Serve as the resource manager in providing the necessary programming resources required to operate all the projects both in and outside HK throughout the whole project lifecycle as well as resources required to support operations projects.
- Responsible for managing and controlling programming data for projects at corporate level
- Determine and set programming standards, policies and procedures
- Provide expert leadership and take action when appropriate on behalf of the Capital Works Director to ensure projects are aligned with plans and programmes
- Review and champion overall project programming
- Review and endorse tender evaluation on programming aspects
- Determine resources necessary to support projects, serve as resource manager for programming staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- 20 years’ relevant experience in project management or project programming roles of large-scale railway or infrastructure projects, with 10 years of managerial responsibility in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Expert in Earned Value Management, Delay Assessment, Forensic Planning
- Skilled in NEC forms of contract
- Familiarity with Quantitative Schedule Risk Assessment QSRA
- A recognized Engineering degree
- Corporate membership of a relevant recognized professional institute
- Familiarity with Quantitative Schedule Risk Assessment (QSRA)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client , a highly regarded blue chip global rail business with an enviable portfolio of major projects underway within construction and operations, offers international construction jobs and is looking to strengthen its systems management team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and package available covering salary, housing, transport, medical and flights.
- Senior Planner Airport Area, Hong Kong - HK$35K -HK$50K / m
- Planning Engineer Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong - HK$35K-50K
- Airport Electrical and Mechanical Systems Planning Engineer Hong Kong Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong - HK$50K - HK$90K
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend