Chief Programming Manager Civils
If you are interested to explore construction jobs abroad, then our client, a highly regarded blue chip global rail business, is seeking to identify and appoint a heavy hitting Chief Programming Manager Civils to manage the planning and programming of a portfolio of projects within their Capital Works Business Unit based in Hong Kong. This is a senior management appointment.
You will be based in the client's HQ in Fotan, Shatin Hong Kong, working with their stakeholders to create sustainable transport solutions for the community, and they care for their staff and provide a great place to work.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Head of Programming, you will:
- Manage the programme planning of new railway extension projects
- Lead a team of multi-disciplinary programming staff to formulate master programmes, review project progress, conduct programme assessment and provide appropriate recommendations for programme delay recovery measures or programme acceleration
- Establish progress monitoring system to identify potential problems related to programme and progress
- Perform forensic delay assessment and quantitative schedule risk analysis
- Drive development of digital processes and systems for contemporaneous time management and earned value management
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in major construction projects and methodologies, planning and programming, of which 6 years should be at managerial level
- Construction experience in railway or other major infrastructure projects is an advantage
- Fully conversant with programming techniques and hands-on experience in the application of programming software, preferably Primavera P6
- Qualification and relevant experience in NEC Project Management is preferred
- Experience with Earned Value Management EVM is preferred
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- Possession of Corporate Membership of a recognised professional institution
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client , a highly regarded blue chip global rail business with an enviable portfolio of major projects underway within construction and operations, offers international construction jobs and is looking to strengthen its systems management team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Appointment will be made on two-year renewable contract terms. Attractive salary and package available covering salary, housing, transport, medical and flights.