Chief Tunnel Surveyor
An exciting new Chief Tunnel Surveyor job vacancy in Norway to join a newly awarded c£2Billion (Euro2,000 million) civil engineering road project with major bridge and tunnel sections of work.
Visa application process for this role is taken care of by the employer.
Applications from EU/EEA national/ European Citizens are highly welcome.
Looking for candidates with previous experience in large-scale civil infrastructure projects.
One of the biggest ever civil engineering road construction projects in Norway has now been awarded under a PPP framework to a consortium of companies.
The project aims to improve commuting between Bergen and the island of Sotra on the West coast of Norway. It is by date the largest road infrastructure project in Norwegian history and one of the largest contracts awarded in Europe in 2021.
Expected to be under construction for the next 5 years, the project is currently mobilising and completing initial procurement activities.
The project itself is a 10km, four-lane road link that includes 22 bridges and viaducts, including one 900m long suspension bridge that will be 30m wide and over 100m high. There will be 12.5km of tunnels, made up of numerous tunnel portals and underpasses and two twin tunnels of almost 5km in length, as well as 14km of pedestrian and bicycle paths.
Responsibilities and Duties
Maxim Recruitment has been asked by a major player in this massive road and highway civil engineering project in Norway, to find a talented and experienced Chief Tunnel Surveyor with experience of major tunnel and bridge projects:
- Leading a team of Surveyors
- Setting out and data collection in the field according to the defined procedures
- Precise topographical observations for control network calculation and maintenance
- Expert use of topographical equipment. GNSS device, total stations, digital levels and drones
- Execution and analysis of survey report
- Geometric control of the elements executed on site
- Maintenance of topographic equipment, ensure proper functioning with periodic inspections
Desired Skills and Experience
- About 10 years of experience in the construction industry
- Expert knowledge and use of Leica Captivate survey equipment software
- Expert knowledge and use of Trimble Access survey equipment software
- A user of Gemini Terrain computer aided design software
- Results orientated
- Strategic thinker
- Customer and commercial mindset
- Understanding of Norwegian language is much preferred, but not essential.
- IT skills with full proficiency in MS office
- Technical Degree in Engineering, Civil, Environmental or equivalent preferred, but not essential.
- A combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer seeking a Chief Tunnel Surveyor here is a consortia of international construction companies. Employment will be offered by the consortia itself and may well be for up to the full 5 years anticipated project duration.
Given the location of the project, nice accommodation can be found around 30 minutes away, and there are full amenities, including leisure and skiing facilities within a short travelling distance.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary levels will be assessed and offered based on previous relevant experience and capability to undertake the above duties.
+ lodging allowance provided