Civil EngineerRef MAX8863 Job Posted 31/01/2020 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester Salary £30-£50k Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A qualified Civil Engineer is required to work for a national consulting engineering firm based out of their Leicester office.
The successful candidate will work for a modern and forward-thinking employer that prides itself on encouraging innovation. You will get exposure to a wide range of civil engineering projects within the Midlands region. However from time to time you will be expected to travel to sites outside of the Midlands region.
You will gain exposure to a range of civil engineering projects. These can vary in size and complexity. With 9 regional offices throughout the UK, the majority of your work should be within a reasonable commute of the office, however on occasions you will be required to travel to sites and client offices outside of your region.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design commercial, residential and infrastructure schemes
- Review, check and approve designs prepared by others
- Manage and monitor successful delivery of project technical/quality reviews of specifications, reports and drawings
- Monitor and ensure that the project stays within budget
- Liaise with consultants, clients, colleagues and contractors to keep updated on progress
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites
- Prepare FRAs, pre-planning advice, feasibility studies and documentation to support planning applications
- Prepare contract documentation and specifications, liaising with consultants and contractors
- Ensure the implementation and continuous management of company policies on all projects undertaken
- Identify and communicate back to the team any opportunities for further work and new commissions
Desired Skills and Experience
- A broad knowledge of civil engineering design and construction practices, with the ability to develop and apply innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to adapt to different management styles and working environments to build rapport with clients
- Full UK driving licence and a willingness to travel across the UK to visit sites and other group offices
- Experience of health and safety requirements and undertaking construction works in accordance with British standards and regulations
- Educated to degree level in civil engineering or be able to demonstrate comparable technical knowledge and work experience of Civil Engineering schemes of varying size and complexity
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a modern, forward-thinking civil and structural engineering consultancy with 9 regional offices throughout the UK and a small international presence. They are regarded as an excellent employer where good employees can thrive and develop as Engineers.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Circa £35k - £50k (Depending on experience)
- + Pension
- + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend