We are hiring for a newly created vacancy as a Civils Estimator for a highly reputable Contractor based in Essex. The successful candidate will operate as the sole Estimator for the business and be responsible for Estimating and preparing tenders for civils and groundwork's related projects typically valued between £500k - £20m in London and the South East.
The company are ideally looking to employ an experienced Estimator that can work largely independently from day one. However they would also be open to hearing from less experienced Estimators with relevant experience, that may require some training in house for the early stages of their employment.
The role will see the successful candidate typically working on a range of projects valued between £500k - £20m for a select number of clients that the hiring company regularly works with. Projects will typically be to construct Reinforced Concrete Frame structures with associated groundwork's and drainage, however will not be limited to this.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a key position within the business and the successful candidate will be the to sole Estimator working for the business. You will report directly to the Director of the business and liaise with personnel both internally and externally to produce accurate and competitive estimates for the company.
Your role will see you lead the tendering process for the business and you will also be expected to investigate procurement and supply chain opportunities if beneficial to the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidate's must have experience of creating and submitting tenders for projects between £500k - £20m.
- Candidates should have at least a couple of years previous experience in an Estimating role.
- Candidates who have experience in Estimating on Reinforced Concrete Frame projects are preferred
- Previous experience of working in the London / South East market is desirable
- Candidates should ideally have
- A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (or similar equivalent) is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company have a turnover of circa £70m and are highly regarded in the UK for performing a range of civils and tunnelling projects across the UK. They are based out of an office in Essex and the majority of their work is local in the London and South East region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £75k (Depending on Experience)
+ Private Health Insurance
+ Life Insurance
+ Car Allowance (where appropriate)