A Civils Estimator with shown experience for a Main Contractor or Consultancy is required to join a global construction consultancy in Peterborough, on a major water framework. You will be Estimating projects from £200k up to £50m in value, and be responsible for Estimating duties on concrete structures, tanks, excavations, and all civils elements of projects.
You will be a Civils Estimator on projects from £200k to £50m, on a major water framework. Concrete structures, tanks, slabs, excavations, and other civils elements will consist of the main projects you will be working on.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients and contractors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in an Estimating role
- Civils / Infrastructure / Oil & Gas sector experience
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to Estimating is essential
- Experience of working competently & consistently in a Pre-Contract role is essential
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or equivalent from a UK or internationally recognized university is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a major international consultancy in construction and infrastructure. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.